Continuing on my thrifty boat modifications. I made a simple pressure guage for checking the air floor and tube pressures on my zodiac fastroller.
I brought a guage for £4.36 off eBay.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3139155845
I used bits I had around the house to make the rest..... PTFE tape around the thread, 10mm hose and a jubilee clip to secure it in place. A pin inserted halfway into the hose with pliers is used to open the zodiac delrin valve on the high pressure floor. The adaptors that came with my pump also fit the 10mm hose and are able to open the valves on the tubes whilst remaining air tight.
I have a bravo bp12 pump. It was interesting to cross check the pressures set by the pump, it would typically under inflate about 0.5 - 0.75 psi.
Anyway a cheap mod and a useful addition to the kit bag...
DIY pressure guage
-
warder54
- Super Poster
- Posts: 645
- Joined: 12 Aug 2016, 08:32
- Boat Make: F-Rib 360 + Smartwave 480
- Outboard: Yam 60 efi
Toh 5 4 st
Toh 20 efi - MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Montrose -Scotland
- Has thanked: 23 times
- Been thanked: 148 times


