Extending fuel line

Sib,Frib & Rib modifications.
Share your mods with the forum
Post Reply
User avatar
Paul B Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 2065
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
Location: UK
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 276 times

Extending fuel line

Post by Paul B » 10 Feb 2018, 19:57

I need to extend the fuel one for my outboard to the tank , so I’ve bought some new line clips etc, but one question,

Is it best to keep the primer bulb closer to the tank or the engine or does it not matter

User avatar
Steve Great Britain
Veteran Member
Posts: 336
Joined: 25 Apr 2017, 11:12
Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
Outboard: Suzuki DF20AS
Yamaha F6CMHS
MMSI Number: 235902190
Location: Fife
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: Extending fuel line

Post by Steve » 10 Feb 2018, 19:59

Paul, I had the same problem with my T38. I kept the bulb closer to the engine because it was more convenient. Not sure if this is right, but I’ve had no problems!

:cheers

Andy B England
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1825
Joined: 03 Sep 2015, 17:10
Location: lost in space
Has thanked: 78 times
Been thanked: 252 times

Re: Extending fuel line

Post by Andy B » 10 Feb 2018, 20:38

Steve wrote: I kept the bulb closer to the engine because it was more convenient.
That would be my choice as well....

User avatar
Paul
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 3056
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 21:46
Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
MMSI Number: 235915479
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Has thanked: 459 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: Extending fuel line

Post by Paul » 10 Feb 2018, 23:54

Andy B wrote:
Steve wrote: I kept the bulb closer to the engine because it was more convenient.
That would be my choice as well....
Yup, I've had my tank in the bow for 3 years and the bulb within the rear section of the hull for this reason and works perfectly :thumbsup
:thumbsup
:cheers

User avatar
mattswan2512
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1758
Joined: 13 Jul 2015, 10:34
Boat Make: F-Rib 330
Outboard: Mercury 15hp ss 2 smoker.
Location: Sunny southampton
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Extending fuel line

Post by mattswan2512 » 11 Feb 2018, 07:27

As above ..im sure ive read somehere about the bulb being closer to the engine is the correct move......think it matters more when u have a water seperator in place so im sure it would make no difference other than convenience to keep it engine end.....
Life is like a chocolate bar........
If you hold onto it for too long u get covered in sh☆t so......
live a life you will remember, not a life full of untested dreams.

User avatar
Paul B Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 2065
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
Location: UK
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 276 times

Re: Extending fuel line

Post by Paul B » 11 Feb 2018, 11:19

Ok cheers for all your input, will put bulb closer to engine then :thumbsup

chris moody Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 2348
Joined: 24 Mar 2015, 12:19
Boat Make: Takacat 3.4
Outboard: Tohatsu 9.8 2s
MMSI Number: 235900806
Location: Braunston
Has thanked: 146 times
Been thanked: 443 times

Re: Extending fuel line

Post by chris moody » 11 Feb 2018, 11:32

I have a bulb in my extension line as well as the bulb close to the engine. Connect up extension, prime that first, then prime with the normal close to engine bulb.
Chris Moody
Taka Tigga: Takacat 3.4 Tohatsu 9.8

User avatar
James England
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1115
Joined: 01 Aug 2015, 12:25
Boat Make: F-Rib 360
Outboard: 1999 Johnson 2-Stroke 15 HP
MMSI Number: 235914355
Location: Copthorne, West Sussex
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 61 times
Contact:

Re: Extending fuel line

Post by James » 12 Feb 2018, 16:10

Just to be different lol, mine is closer to the tank.
I've been meaning to move it's location, but it's not caused any issues.
James

2015 F-Rib 360 married to a 1999 fully rebuilt 15hp 2 Stroke Johnson engine and 22 litre fuel tank.
Mods: Launch wheels, Towing Eyes, 2 Bench Seat Cushions, and 1 Bench Seat Bag
Boat name: Cichlid

Post Reply

Return to “DIY & Modifications”