Adding Steering to an Avon 340

Sib,Frib & Rib modifications.
Share your mods with the forum
Post Reply
neil h
Veteran Member
Posts: 556
Joined: 03 Oct 2015, 20:34
Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
Outboard: Toha 9.8 ss
Suzi 15 4/ ls
Yam 25 2/ ls
Location: North London/Essex boarders
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 37 times

Adding Steering to an Avon 340

Post by neil h » 23 Jul 2017, 20:14

So, since I want to be able to use my 25hp ls on the Avon 340, I need proper steering, s it's only rated to 15hp at the tiller.

I don't want to add huge amounts of weight, it's heavy enough already.
I remembered today I had this grey box in the garage. It fits neatly between the tubes and I can't see it moving too much, but the option would anyway exist to ratchet it to the forward lifting eyes to stop it shifting backwards.
20170723_204416[1].jpg
20170723_204411[1].jpg
I figure I an bolt a boat seat with backrest to the top of it.
Now to find a way of getting a steering bar on there.

And if nothing else, it will give me a seat at the back for tiller steering, and lots of storage.
20170723_203335[1].jpg

Post Reply

Return to “DIY & Modifications”