Carried on with this today so I can use my ls ob's
5" lift. 6 10mm bolts to hold it on. Two 18mm ply plates resined together and to be resin coated.
should be OK, these little avons were made with a ls transom on later models.
maybe testing with the Suzi 15 next weekend
transom mod to longshaft
- kaman
- Super Poster
- Posts: 846
- Joined: 05 Aug 2015, 23:01
- Boat Make: Honwave 3.5a Honwave t3.8
- Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp
Suzuki 2.5hp
Suzuki 2.2hp - MMSI Number: 235114675
- Location: South West Scotland
- Has thanked: 25 times
- Been thanked: 135 times
Re: transom mod to longshaft
It ain't pretty but if properly sealed it will do the job
A nice coat of flow coat to finish will make the job a good un!
A nice coat of flow coat to finish will make the job a good un!
-
neil h
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 556
- Joined: 03 Oct 2015, 20:34
- Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
- Outboard: Toha 9.8 ss
Suzi 15 4/ ls
Yam 25 2/ ls - Location: North London/Essex boarders
- Has thanked: 4 times
- Been thanked: 37 times
Re: transom mod to longshaft
yep - it's being resined
and the boat is old and tatty anyway, so no issue. I only wreck things, not much point in me paying a fortune for a smart little rib.
and the boat is old and tatty anyway, so no issue. I only wreck things, not much point in me paying a fortune for a smart little rib.
-
neil h
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 556
- Joined: 03 Oct 2015, 20:34
- Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
- Outboard: Toha 9.8 ss
Suzi 15 4/ ls
Yam 25 2/ ls - Location: North London/Essex boarders
- Has thanked: 4 times
- Been thanked: 37 times
Re: transom mod to longshaft
Almost done. Just needs removing next Saturday after I got some new marine sealant, and the bolt holes sealing, and ready to go in the water Sunday.
I just hope the top bolts are not too low compared to the top of the false transom. May need to brace it inside from top of transom to the main bolts, just for an additional bit of support, but I think (hope) it should be OK as is.


