Page 1 of 1
First trip out in t32ie
Posted: 08 Jun 2020, 19:42
by NickC
First trip out today in my new t32ie around poole harbour, I got a new 6hp mariner a couple of weeks back and ran that in on my last tender so tried a top speed run or two, results were 12.7 knots maximum with 2 up, combined weight of 21 stone, whatever that is in kilos? Which I didn't think was to bad, got up on the plane with a bit of weight over the bow, zipped along quite nicely! New bravo pump was very good, did what I expected it to do, again the T32 was good, it stayed afloat and handled the little bit of chop ok, reading the posts about the T38 hulls, I know 32s don't seem to have the same issues but today my boat did what I expected it to do so I'm happy! I know a £1000 is a lot to some people but in the marine industry it ain't! I think you get quite a bit for your money really! I pay more than that every year on servicing, anti fouling, insurance, mooring fees etc on my other boat before I actually go anywhere!
Re: First trip out in t32ie
Posted: 08 Jun 2020, 23:36
by rogerblack
Glad that all worked out well, Nick, sounds like you had a good first outing.
Did you take any photos? We love to see pics on here.
Re: First trip out in t32ie
Posted: 09 Jun 2020, 13:45
by NickC
Will do next time!
Re: First trip out in t32ie
Posted: 16 Jun 2020, 22:14
by Martin
Hi Nick, it’s great to hear someone having a pleasant experience in their new boat.
The Honwaves are fantastic, even with their previous wonky floor issues.
I agree regarding costs, sibbing is so very cheap compared to everything else, we’ve had several hard hull owners pass through over the years that ended buying a sib and using that more than their hard hull lol...
Glad ya all worked out for you..
Enjoy !!
Martin

Re: First trip out in t32ie
Posted: 17 Jun 2020, 18:50
by NickC
It's been interesting going back to basics! Tiller steering , no power tilt, pull start etc but does get you i think more involved with actual boating, boat handling takes on a whole new meaning in some thing so light and agile and 10 knots never felt so fast!
Re: First trip out in t32ie
Posted: 30 Jul 2020, 21:43
by Essexkayak1
I have got the same boat and a 6hp honda. I have been out 3 times had 14.4 knots with just me. I am taking my brother and niece out this weekend, I will be interested to see what it manages. We will weigh more than your combined 21 stone!
Re: First trip out in t32ie
Posted: 01 Aug 2020, 06:36
by NeilJ
Hi all, I took my new T32 / Mariner 6hp out last week. Ran the engine in 3 hrs pottering around, then tried some full throttle short runs and thought wow this is quick. I then used STRAVA to record 2 short sub 1 minute runs full throttle. 1st run 18mph & 2nd 20 mph so 17.3 knots. Next time i'll use my GPS to check accuracy of STRAVA speed. STRAVA ha always been accurate when riding bicycle but will double check. But it's a great little boat for the money. Only had 1 planning hull before but loads of displacement hulls. Planning hulls are the way to go.
Re: First trip out in t32ie
Posted: 01 Aug 2020, 07:49
by NeilJ
This was my best speed run.