Buying a T38

Ask current owners for advice before taking the plunge !
Compo1804 Wales
Advanced Member
Posts: 150
Joined: 24 Jul 2018, 17:16
Boat Make: Honda Honwave 3.8IE
Outboard: Mercury 15hp 4T
MMSI Number: 101012
Location: west coast of Anglesey
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 16 times

Buying a T38

Post by Compo1804 » 21 Jul 2020, 17:38

Hi everybody,

Phoned my local yaghtshop at Holyhead today, he’s a Honda dealer, asking for a quote on a new Honwave T38,
Could not give me a price as he recons there will be non available this year.
Are they that rare these days, last time I looked people were tending to give them a bit of a wide berth due to wonky floors,
Whats the latest now guys
Thanks
Mal

Compo1804 Wales
Advanced Member
Posts: 150
Joined: 24 Jul 2018, 17:16
Boat Make: Honda Honwave 3.8IE
Outboard: Mercury 15hp 4T
MMSI Number: 101012
Location: west coast of Anglesey
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Buying a T38

Post by Compo1804 » 21 Jul 2020, 19:31

Forgot to ask, anyone got any experience of the Boatworld V air floor 3.8, looks like similar to the
Honwave. Whats it like quality wise, bearing in mind the cost difference
Thanks
Mal

NeilJ England
I'm New
Posts: 16
Joined: 23 Jun 2020, 18:51
Boat Make: Honwave T32
Outboard: Mariner 6hp
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Chard S, Somerset
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0

Re: Buying a T38

Post by NeilJ » 22 Jul 2020, 15:28

Collected my replacement T32 yesterday, dealer said no more until November, he had the last 3.

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Buying a T38

Post by Martin » 22 Jul 2020, 15:33

Afternoon Compo :D
The boatworld jobby is likely to be of lower quality than the Honwave, I know Harrison eyeballed one earlier this year and i don't think it really impressed him.
That said, They're cheaper (for a reason ?) and available.
Resale value probably a lot lower than a trusted Honwave.
Capability, remains to be seen.

Honwave stock, No idea !!!

Martin :cheers
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

Compo1804 Wales
Advanced Member
Posts: 150
Joined: 24 Jul 2018, 17:16
Boat Make: Honda Honwave 3.8IE
Outboard: Mercury 15hp 4T
MMSI Number: 101012
Location: west coast of Anglesey
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Buying a T38

Post by Compo1804 » 22 Jul 2020, 20:25

Thanks guys, Congrats Neilj on your Honwave 3.2, you’ll enjoy it I’m sure, great fun.
Martin, thanks for your input as always, nice to have someone in the know.
Its as I suspected, lower quality, hence the price, I think you’ve beating it into me that 3.8 is the dogs danglies, unless you go to Frib/Rib, but I think my back would not take the ponding, gets a bit bumpy quite often on west coast of Anglesey.
So I’ll just be patient and wait for stock, or seek a s/h one to pop up.
Thanks, and keep safe everybody 👍

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Buying a T38

Post by Martin » 22 Jul 2020, 22:18

Absolutely !!!
The F-Rib is a tool and a half on calm waters, but it’s not for a chap with an iffy back in the rough stuff.
I love it, it’s like a Rottweiler after you pinch it’s tea -

The excel gets good write ups but I think that’ll be too heavy for your back, that pretty much leaves the old trusty at the moment unless of course a new manufacturer comes through with similar.

Wonky floor or not, the T38ie is still, in my opinion - the best all round sib on the market today..
Match that with a Suzuki 20hp efi and you’re gonna struggle to beat it.
I’d have another tomorrow !!!
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Buying a T38

Post by Martin » 22 Jul 2020, 22:19

Absolutely !!!
The F-Rib is a tool and a half on calm waters, but it’s not for a chap with an iffy back in the rough stuff.
I love it, it’s like a Rottweiler after you pinch it’s tea -

The excel gets good write ups but I think that’ll be too heavy for your back, that pretty much leaves the old trusty at the moment unless of course a new manufacturer comes through with similar.

Wonky floor or not, the T38ie is still, in my opinion - the best all round sib on the market today..
Match that with a Suzuki 20hp efi and you’re gonna struggle to beat it.
I’d have another tomorrow !!!
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

warder54 Great Britain
Super Poster
Posts: 645
Joined: 12 Aug 2016, 08:32
Boat Make: F-Rib 360 + Smartwave 480
Outboard: Yam 60 efi
Toh 5 4 st
Toh 20 efi
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Montrose -Scotland
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: Buying a T38

Post by warder54 » 23 Jul 2020, 19:49

So good he said it twice!
Why am I here - I should be in my boat fishing!!
Mike Elliott

Compo1804 Wales
Advanced Member
Posts: 150
Joined: 24 Jul 2018, 17:16
Boat Make: Honda Honwave 3.8IE
Outboard: Mercury 15hp 4T
MMSI Number: 101012
Location: west coast of Anglesey
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Buying a T38

Post by Compo1804 » 24 Jul 2020, 15:42

Its the age thing I think, just don't tell him, he might not notice 🤪🤪🤪

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Buying a T38

Post by Martin » 24 Jul 2020, 22:51

Hey, if I’ve said it once I’ll say it again...

It again !

Il get my coat :thud
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

Post Reply

Return to “Thinking Of Buying?”