Has anyone ever had any experience with this
Chinese foldable rib?
https://m.alibaba.com/product/622229525 ... ow_spe[img][/img]cifications
Alibaba FRIB
-
levitbrion
- I'm New
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 22 May 2020, 03:10
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Portsmouth VA
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 0
-
Martin
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
- Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
- Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
- MMSI Number: 123456789
- Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 1416 times
- Been thanked: 782 times
- Contact:
Re: Alibaba FRIB
Hi @levitbrion and
From across the pond.
I’ve been waiting for this, the Frib has been a worldwide success in various forms and I guess it was only a matter of time before the worlds largest copy machine got their heads together to rip it off..
Never seen one, and though they are cheap as chips compared to the winboat or f-rib, I wouldn’t touch one with a barge pole until i saw it undergo the stringent hull tests that f-rib put their beast through.
I love my f-rib and I’ve certainly given it some licks over the years, there’s many a rib owner left amazed at what the f-rib will take on, or should I say survive !!!
Enjoy the forum,
Martin
I’ve been waiting for this, the Frib has been a worldwide success in various forms and I guess it was only a matter of time before the worlds largest copy machine got their heads together to rip it off..
Never seen one, and though they are cheap as chips compared to the winboat or f-rib, I wouldn’t touch one with a barge pole until i saw it undergo the stringent hull tests that f-rib put their beast through.
I love my f-rib and I’ve certainly given it some licks over the years, there’s many a rib owner left amazed at what the f-rib will take on, or should I say survive !!!
Enjoy the forum,
Martin
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... 
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
-
ChrisParish
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 2049
- Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
- Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
- Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
- MMSI Number: 235916094
- Location: Poole
- Has thanked: 123 times
- Been thanked: 636 times
Re: Alibaba FRIB
I’ve just had a quick look at the specs and the pictures.
It doesn’t fold as neatly as the f-rib
There are 3 bolts per section rather then one, and the middle bolt is hollow to allow the sections to drain into each other
They use stainless hinges in between the sections
The 330 version weighs a massive 70KG! Compare that to 43kg for the f-rib.
All that said - it’s a third of the price.
It doesn’t fold as neatly as the f-rib
There are 3 bolts per section rather then one, and the middle bolt is hollow to allow the sections to drain into each other
They use stainless hinges in between the sections
The 330 version weighs a massive 70KG! Compare that to 43kg for the f-rib.
All that said - it’s a third of the price.
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.
-
beerbelly
- Advanced Member
- Posts: 288
- Joined: 19 Jul 2015, 22:00
- Boat Make: plastimo ms310 humber5.5
- Outboard: mercury 8hp and now a mariner 115 ct
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Teeside - U.K
- Has thanked: 7 times
- Been thanked: 42 times
Re: Alibaba FRIB
f rib and winboat are not the only other options for folding ribs I have a plastimo ms310 weighs 55kg but only folds in half so still quite bulky when packed away but cheaper than the frib . doesn't use any bolts in the hinge area either
https://www.onnsports.co.uk/folding-boa ... imo-b17e0/
https://www.onnsports.co.uk/folding-boa ... imo-b17e0/
-
Martin
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
- Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
- Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
- MMSI Number: 123456789
- Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 1416 times
- Been thanked: 782 times
- Contact:
Re: Alibaba FRIB
It’s a shame that plastimo don’t make larger versions.. Pretty sure They've cut the price too since the last time I looked, they weren’t a mile away from Frib prices previously.
Martin
Martin
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... 
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
Because it's a big old WWworld out there



