Page 1 of 2

Elling KB 350 Folding Swivel Seat

Posted: 16 Feb 2021, 14:13
by Sibfisher
Here in Galicia Spain we are in lockdown like most of you unable to go or do much and the river is closed.
I have now finished making the platform and the Folding Swivel Seat.
The reason for doing this after a while I suffer with back ache and you loose the enjoyment of being out in the boat after a while. :(

The first go at putting the seat on (photo Below) I found using the original seat that is 20cm wide did not have no support and the seat rocked back and forward too much and felt very unstable, then I found a sib photo with the Folding Swivel Seat on a double width seat so I had a go at that.
.
IMG_20201028_124533.jpg
The 3 phots below shows the finished seat, the first stage was to cut a piece of wood 40cm wide and the length to fit the width to the boat runners I rounded all edges and corners with a router put double runner supports on each side and slid the base on the runners of the boat, trying it without the seat on I was very pleased seemed to be very solid. :thumbsup
Then I put 5 coats of paint, 2 undercoat & 3 top coats matching the tubes of the boat then it was time to fit the seat.
IMG_20201115_131131.jpg
IMG_20201207_160947.jpg
Below is the finished seat in all it glory sitting on it is very stable does not rock around, stable and very comfortable being able to swivel around very easy in different positions makes it much more enjoyable and perfect for the fishing, the base being 40cm wide also makes a small table top next to the seat, the good thing about the KB350 the runners are 3/4 length of the boat so it is easy to slide the seat where suits me.
All in all trying it with the boat on the trailer I am very pleased with the result and feels very solid if I go fast you have the grab rope to hold on to, not being as young as I used to be I just want to be comfortable and enjoy my boating.
I know its only in the garage will see what it is like on the water when the time comes, but I am sure I will be very pleased with the outcome. :D :thumbsup :drive
IMG_20210216_130139.jpg

Re: Elling KB 350 Folding Swivel Seat

Posted: 16 Feb 2021, 14:31
by Oldman
Well done, that looks nice. Is that the £49 Boatworld one with swivel base and twin cupholders? I assume the seat rail mounts are from Ebay.

Summers is coming :wavey

Re: Elling KB 350 Folding Swivel Seat

Posted: 16 Feb 2021, 15:40
by Sibfisher
Hi Oldman good to hear from you.
Your name sounds how I feel when I am on the boat at times.

The boat seat for £49 Boatworld is the same as the one that I bought, with the cup holders your find it puts one of the mounts out of action as when you swivel around go's over that mount, with extra side table I have gained I will not use the cup holders.
The 4 mounts that I used 2 of them came off the front seat so will have to buy 2 more to put back on.
Have got a link of the mounts off Ebay

Re: Elling KB 350 Folding Swivel Seat

Posted: 16 Feb 2021, 15:52
by harrison
Looking good there @Sibfisher

Very professional job. :thumbsup

Re: Elling KB 350 Folding Swivel Seat

Posted: 02 Aug 2022, 06:50
by Notebook64
Looks superb. Where did you purchase the runners that attach the wood base to the tubes?

Re: Elling KB 350 Folding Swivel Seat

Posted: 02 Aug 2022, 09:27
by Sibfisher
Hi There Notebook64
You can get the runners from Magnus boat shop Link Below. they are white but the same as what I have.

Where I have got some of my stuff from.

https://magnusboats.lv/en/home/479-1219 ... olor-black

Re: Elling KB 350 Folding Swivel Seat

Posted: 02 Aug 2022, 09:29
by Notebook64
Thanks
How many did you require?
Also what wood did you use? Is it ply?
Lastly
Delivery time and import taxes etc.
thanks
Nick

Re: Elling KB 350 Folding Swivel Seat

Posted: 02 Aug 2022, 09:40
by Sibfisher
The wood used is the standard 40 x 200 cm plank you can get out of B&Q, the 40 cm width is perfect just cut to the length of the width of your sib cut it a little longer so fits nicely on the tubes, with a router round all the edges and give it a good ceiling with primer and gloss.
You can see the length I cut mine in the photo.

Hope this helps

Since doing this it has been a lot more enjoyable going out in my Sib, no more back aches and a lot more comfortable.

Re: Elling KB 350 Folding Swivel Seat

Posted: 02 Aug 2022, 17:45
by Notebook64
Thanks
How many did you require?
Lastly
Delivery time and import taxes etc.
thanks
Nick

Re: Elling KB 350 Folding Swivel Seat

Posted: 02 Aug 2022, 17:53
by harrison
Why not just use the ones from the stock seats and order replacements from Boatworld. They’re standard Borika fittings so pretty sure could order some in for you.