Boat pump

Chart Plotters, Fish Finders, GPS, VHF, Lighting & anything powered by 'elec-trickery'
Corey538
I'm New
Posts: 23
Joined: 24 Mar 2015, 22:00
Boat Make: 2.9m waveline airdeck
Outboard: 2002 Yamaha 8hp 2 stroke
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Boat pump

Post by Corey538 » 02 Feb 2016, 16:51

Hi Paul thanks for you reply it's recommended air pressure is 0.20bar
At the moment I have just been using a air mattes pump then using a hand pump to pump to a high pressure

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Boat pump

Post by Martin » 02 Feb 2016, 17:18

Don't you have an air floor Corey?
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

User avatar
Paul
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 3056
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 21:46
Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
MMSI Number: 235915479
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Has thanked: 459 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: Boat pump

Post by Paul » 02 Feb 2016, 22:37

Corey

The link I gave you is for the analogue version and you can dial in your required pressure and it'll stop when it's reached ;-)
Here's the blurb "The manometer on the unit displays in bar & psi & allows you to “dial in” the required pressure. The unit will automatically stop when this is reached".


You say the pressures are 0.20 bar but I suspect that's just the tubes.......with you having an air floor this normally would indicate that a higher pressure is required for the floor/keel so are you sure of ALL the pressures :?: as the floor/keel are usually around 0.70-0.80bar :idea:

Don't go rushing into buying until we've sorted out what you actually need to do the job :no

Paul

Andy B England
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1825
Joined: 03 Sep 2015, 17:10
Location: lost in space
Has thanked: 78 times
Been thanked: 252 times

Re: Boat pump

Post by Andy B » 02 Feb 2016, 22:48

Paul wrote:
The link I gave you is for the analogue version and you can dial in your required pressure and it'll stop when it's reached ;-)
Paul
That I didn't know.....lol.
I had visions of me getting all chatty and then turning around to see my 12' beach ball :rofl

(I do like a chat! ;-) )

User avatar
kaman
Super Poster
Posts: 846
Joined: 05 Aug 2015, 23:01
Boat Make: Honwave 3.5a Honwave t3.8
Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp
Suzuki 2.5hp
Suzuki 2.2hp
MMSI Number: 235114675
Location: South West Scotland
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 135 times

Re: Boat pump

Post by kaman » 02 Feb 2016, 23:23

Andy B wrote:
kaman wrote:Andy I agree with almost everything that you post but I must beg to differ with you on going digital in this instance.
From my experience digital costs more, but it suffers from many gremlins.
The old style analogue dial remains a firm favourite amongst my social circles.
I'd recommend that to anyone!
Normally I'd be right there with you.
I'm an analogue guy through and through.
But i do like the fact that you can set the required pressure, comes in handy if you as easily distracted as me :?
Is it worth the extra £30?
Well thats a personal question the only the buyer can answer.

As for gremlins?
Not had any myself, but I'm sure ive just cursed that... :rofl

Maybe just bad experience but my old man's mate had a lot of grief with his digital bravo pump.
The pump kept cutting out before it had reached full pressure.
The replacement from the supplier went the same way after a couple of inflations.
Sent it back again and got the analogue version - no issues.
The supplier told him that they had been having issues with the digital ones tripping out.
Maybe just a dodgy batch - or a dodgy supplier????
In essence the analogue and digital bravo are pretty much the same unit bar the pressure switch.
Rightly or wrongly I always remember his grief.
When I bought my pump hence I went analogue. :pump :pump :pump :pump :pump :pump
Having said this mines will probably pack in when I turn it on next.

User avatar
mattswan2512
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1758
Joined: 13 Jul 2015, 10:34
Boat Make: F-Rib 330
Outboard: Mercury 15hp ss 2 smoker.
Location: Sunny southampton
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Boat pump

Post by mattswan2512 » 02 Feb 2016, 23:58

I have the good old analogue bravo 12 pump but before i sold my sib it was getting very loud and sometimes it would not increase the pressure then all of a sudden it would kick back in and properly pump again until the compressor kicked in......again volume got louder and louder but still works okay last time I checked. Has anybody else had this?
Life is like a chocolate bar........
If you hold onto it for too long u get covered in sh☆t so......
live a life you will remember, not a life full of untested dreams.

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Boat pump

Post by Martin » 03 Feb 2016, 18:59

Corey, are you thinking of changing your sib in the near future?
If you were to buy a new lower output/pressure pump now and then upgrade your boat to a high pressure air floor, you'd end up having to buy another pump maybe.

The bravo will play with your current set up and then come into its own should you upgrade in the future.

I'm a huge believer in doing the homework and buying the right thing once, it works out cheaper in the long run... :D
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

Corey538
I'm New
Posts: 23
Joined: 24 Mar 2015, 22:00
Boat Make: 2.9m waveline airdeck
Outboard: 2002 Yamaha 8hp 2 stroke
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Boat pump

Post by Corey538 » 04 Feb 2016, 22:09

It's say 0.25 for the air mattress and yes I hopefully will be upgrading in the future not sure when won't have much time to go out with College, work and other commitments and I'm saving up for a car. But i will hopefully will be looking at getting a bigger sib as the 2.7m wave line is a a bit cramped when fishing
Attachments
image.png

User avatar
Paul
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 3056
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 21:46
Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
MMSI Number: 235915479
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Has thanked: 459 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: Boat pump

Post by Paul » 04 Feb 2016, 22:26

Thanks for coming back Corey

Looking at your photo the max pressure you'll be needing is 0.25bar for the tubes and 0.20bar for the keel and mattress.
If that's the case a BP12 will do the job for around £80 here's an example http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAVO-Inflata ... fGOBFhHZkw
The BTP12 is another £20 which will inflate faster and better for you if you're intending to up-grade in the future.

One thing to point out is if you're using your car battery to run these pumps, have the engine running whilst inflating as they'll flatten the battery ;-)

Corey538
I'm New
Posts: 23
Joined: 24 Mar 2015, 22:00
Boat Make: 2.9m waveline airdeck
Outboard: 2002 Yamaha 8hp 2 stroke
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Boat pump

Post by Corey538 » 04 Feb 2016, 22:57

Thank Paul I think I will get the battery version of this one because In the past I have inflated the boat on the beach thanks everyone for your help :D

Post Reply

Return to “Electrical”