Search found 9 matches

by Red5
11 Nov 2017, 04:45
Forum: Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER
Topic: Newbie from East Yorkshire
Replies: 27
Views: 6877

Re: Newbie from East Yorkshire

Hi Tinbox, you're in the right place when starting out. There's plenty of advice in these pages!
Good luck with your first trip, let us know how you get on! :thumbsup
by Red5
10 Nov 2017, 14:59
Forum: SIB - Soft Inflatable Boat
Topic: What have I done......fuel leak!!!
Replies: 17
Views: 5043

Re: What have I done......fuel leak!!!

Having looked online I don't think the Johnson has the same set up. If you didn't have to remove anything else to get the carb off other than fuel lines, I would do a 'dry paper' test on them, basically get some thin paper or tissue paper and when theres fuel in the system keep wiping the end of fue...
by Red5
09 Nov 2017, 14:40
Forum: SIB - Soft Inflatable Boat
Topic: What have I done......fuel leak!!!
Replies: 17
Views: 5043

Re: What have I done......fuel leak!!!

Hi, I had this problem with a Marina engine, it turned out it was the fuel cut off mechanism, which worked on a rod from under internal tank to the carb end, it was the twist seal under the tank that was leaking, if yours has a similar arrangement it might be worth checking that? Sent from my SM-A31...
by Red5
03 Nov 2017, 19:36
Forum: SIB - Soft Inflatable Boat
Topic: Additional Seat
Replies: 19
Views: 7361

Re: Additional Seat

I found a seat at a boat jumble with the fittings, just had to add the straps - Ebay for £8.95 as I remember, the only thing I would add, if glueing to a pvc boat, is use MEK thinners to prime it first, available at most Chandlers, but a bit pricey for what it is! Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapata...
by Red5
01 Nov 2017, 21:59
Forum: SIB - Soft Inflatable Boat
Topic: Additional Seat
Replies: 19
Views: 7361

Re: Additional Seat

I found a seat at a boat jumble with the fittings, just had to add the straps - Ebay for £8.95 as I remember, the only thing I would add, if glueing to a pvc boat, is use MEK thinners to prime it first, available at most Chandlers, but a bit pricey for what it is! Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
by Red5
24 Oct 2017, 10:48
Forum: Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter
Topic: Honwave t35 stringers !!!!!!!???
Replies: 7
Views: 2259

Re: Honwave t35 stringers !!!!!!!???

Hi its the same with my Zodiac, through trial and error I've found it easier to Slightly inflate tubes, but to be fair the more I do it the easier it gets, there's definitely a knack to it!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
by Red5
13 Sep 2017, 23:17
Forum: Honwave
Topic: First Outing Honwave T38 ( yes another one)
Replies: 4
Views: 2919

Re: First Outing Honwave T38 ( yes another one)

I recognise it too!
I launch there a lot, it's a shame the slipway's closed off though!
by Red5
25 Jul 2017, 03:32
Forum: Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER
Topic: Hello!
Replies: 9
Views: 3644

Hello!

Hi!
Well, having wanted a boat for ages I eventually bought a Zodiac Cadet fast roller.
She's 2.85m so quite small but great for what I need, namely to do a bit of fishing and explore the coast and rivers.
Glad to be aboard!

Go to advanced search