Search found 6 matches

by slangford
10 Oct 2023, 07:50
Forum: For Sale
Topic: Honwave T40 package for sale £2250
Replies: 0
Views: 1383
England

Honwave T40 package for sale £2250

For sale as a package, £2250 Honwave T40 AE3 Aluminium floor Honwave 3.95m x 1.95m, purchased new by me in Sept 2022. Used once only for 4 hours. Need to sell as it doesn't quite fit in my garage fully inflated. Comes will all the bits a new one would - manual pump, oars etc. Extreme 350 trailer Use...
by slangford
20 Sep 2022, 07:38
Forum: Outboards
Topic: Upgrading a 9.9hp to 15hp
Replies: 2
Views: 4816
England

Re: Upgrading a 9.9hp to 15hp

Plus, the bit I forgot to include above.... For most folks, when they're looking for more power they are actually looking for more torque. If we upgrade a 9.9 to 15hp, the extra 5.1hp all comes in at the top of the rev range - the torque curve is identical until you get to where the 9.9 tops out. So...
by slangford
20 Sep 2022, 07:15
Forum: Outboards
Topic: Upgrading a 9.9hp to 15hp
Replies: 2
Views: 4816
England

Re: Upgrading a 9.9hp to 15hp

Bit of an old post, but still deserves an answer... It all depends on which exact engine you have. Generally speaking, manufacturers make one design of engine that'll cover several different models - the difference between them is mainly the fuel system, but other considerations would be the exhaust...
by slangford
19 Sep 2022, 21:13
Forum: Outboards
Topic: Outboard service kit for Mercury?
Replies: 0
Views: 1084
England

Outboard service kit for Mercury?

So, I've bought an engine - Mercury 9.9 from 2013, labelled as being made by Brunswick Corp., but in reality it's made by Tohatsu. It has only done 13 hours work in it's life so far - it is like new. Runs fine, pumps water etc etc, all good stuff. However, as I don't know who last serviced it, I'll ...
by slangford
12 Sep 2022, 08:08
Forum: Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER
Topic: Newbie
Replies: 4
Views: 436
England

Re: Newbie

Thanks Martin! Forgot to put in my original post - I was daft enough to talk myself into buying the biggest of all Honwaves, the T40 (AE3). I thought it would be fine to transport in the back of a car, set it up on the quayside etc etc (and I thought this, despite reading the warnings from current T...
by slangford
12 Sep 2022, 07:42
Forum: Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER
Topic: Newbie
Replies: 4
Views: 436
England

Newbie

Hello everyone! After much deliberation, I decided to buy a Honwave! (I know, I know.... but they're not that bad...) I was originally after a F-RIB, but they're a bit rare these days and I'm itching to get back out on the sea again. Did a lot of boating (ie fishing) with my dad growing up, and have...

Go to advanced search