Search found 13 matches

by Bassboat
06 Jul 2022, 12:40
Forum: Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter
Topic: Excel volante uneven transom
Replies: 4
Views: 436
England

Re: Excel volante uneven transom

I think it’s the ply that’s not level, as there no give when pushed on that raised bit. I have asked for a replacement so hopefully gets it sorted. Like you say easy to make a packer but for a brand new boat that supposed to have good build quality, I’d rather not have to make things more complicate...
by Bassboat
05 Jul 2022, 20:19
Forum: Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter
Topic: Excel volante uneven transom
Replies: 4
Views: 436
England

Excel volante uneven transom

So bought myself a brand new excel 360 volante about two weeks ago. All ok inflating etc but installed my transom wheels this weekend, as part of this I mounted my engine to ensure they didn’t clash. Mounting the engine is something I haven’t had a chance to do up until this weekend. After installin...
by Bassboat
07 Mar 2022, 19:04
Forum: Outboards
Topic: Mercury 110 (9.8hp) carb issue
Replies: 2
Views: 821
England

Re: Mercury 110 (9.8hp) carb issue

Took it apart again and reset the float to higher than what the manual states. Now it’s working no issues, right faff taking it off and on to adjust the float by a small margin.
by Bassboat
07 Mar 2022, 14:40
Forum: Outboards
Topic: Mercury 110 (9.8hp) carb issue
Replies: 2
Views: 821
England

Mercury 110 (9.8hp) carb issue

So against the advice of a few on Facebook and on here, I bought a working Mercury 110 (9.8hp) two stroke. It ran fine but I took it apart and replaced all gaskets, new impeller, new lower unit oil etc. The issue I have now after putting it all back together is when the fuel line is connected the fu...
by Bassboat
05 Dec 2021, 10:48
Forum: Outboards
Topic: Outboard advice 6-10hp.
Replies: 3
Views: 1283
England

Outboard advice 6-10hp.

So I’ve finally got my SIB and trying to get it ready for spring so I can get out fishing. It’s a 2.7 seapro air deck rated for a 15hp. Need some pointers on outboards. I originally was thinking a new 6hp four stroke mainly due to weight. Was looking at a new Parsun with a three year warranty. Being...
by Bassboat
05 Dec 2021, 10:26
Forum: Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter
Topic: Valve help for next novice
Replies: 5
Views: 714
England

Re: Valve help for next novice

Ended up replacing the valves with new ones. No more issues. Looking at the o rings and seals on the old valves they were really loose in comparison to the new ones I put in.
by Bassboat
29 Nov 2021, 18:23
Forum: Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter
Topic: Valve help for next novice
Replies: 5
Views: 714
England

Re: Valve help for next novice

Ah ok, not a quick fix then. If the valve is leaking through the throat of the valve you probably have some grit or debris preventing the valve seat from fully closing. You can spray something like 303 protectant in with the chamber inflated, then push the valve plunger to try and dislodge the obst...
by Bassboat
28 Nov 2021, 20:05
Forum: Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter
Topic: Valve help for next novice
Replies: 5
Views: 714
England

Re: Valve help for next novice

Hopefully a quick fix. Have you checked the spring loaded knurled inner valve is in the inflate position. With finger lightly push in, 1/4 turn anticlockwise and inner pops slightly out into inflate mode, stopping air escaping when you disconnect pump hose. To deflate push in, 1/4 turn clockwise, r...
by Bassboat
28 Nov 2021, 18:28
Forum: Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter
Topic: Valve help for next novice
Replies: 5
Views: 714
England

Valve help for next novice

So I have just bought myself a secondhand sea pro. No idea on age but it’s generally in good condition, however I am having difficulty disconnecting the pump hose and keeping the boat inflated. It has Halkey roberts valves with the 8 spokes around the valve. I thought the spring loaded valves lock c...
by Bassboat
25 Nov 2021, 19:34
Forum: Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER
Topic: New member
Replies: 7
Views: 872
England

Re: New member

Hello and welcome, I'm in the same boat as you ..... pun intended lol...... just a little further ahead, I have a brand new Sib and outboard, the later only arrived a little while ago so neither have been in the water yet. I intend to do all my fishing and playing in the Manai straights, which I do...

Go to advanced search