Search found 3 matches

by Roadie
27 Jun 2021, 22:49
Forum: SIB - Soft Inflatable Boat
Topic: Newport Vessels Catalina 12'6" Boat - Fishing Across America
Replies: 7
Views: 3122
United States of America

Re: Newport Vessels Catalina 12'6" Boat - Fishing Across America

Motor is now past 20 hours with a by the book break in and first service - check. (forgot to mention I installed a tach/hour meter on the Merc before it's first start) Truck is packed, 2 covid vaccinations done, and affairs are in order to start heading East towards my family outside of Chicago. The...
by Roadie
27 Jun 2021, 22:06
Forum: SIB - Soft Inflatable Boat
Topic: Newport Vessels Catalina 12'6" Boat - Fishing Across America
Replies: 7
Views: 3122
United States of America

Re: Newport Vessels Catalina 12'6" Boat - Fishing Across America

Thank you for the warm welcome Chris! :cheers That UFO looking thingy in the fuel line is a fuel demand valve, which came with the motor. I was curious about it as well when I unboxed it, here's an explanation: It's to prevent engine flooding that is a result of new EPA required closed fuel systems....
by Roadie
26 Jun 2021, 16:13
Forum: SIB - Soft Inflatable Boat
Topic: Newport Vessels Catalina 12'6" Boat - Fishing Across America
Replies: 7
Views: 3122
United States of America

Newport Vessels Catalina 12'6" Boat - Fishing Across America

Howdy folks! I've been lurking around here as I put together my first SIB setup and figured it's time to post. I hope it's OK that I'm going to combine an introduction, build and questionable fishing stories in one place while on a cross-country trip with my boat. Plus, there doesn't seem to be any ...

Go to advanced search