Search found 5 matches

by surfstar
09 Dec 2020, 00:10
Forum: Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter
Topic: Outboard Trolly
Replies: 7
Views: 789
United States of America

Re: Outboard Trolly

D I Y I'm way too cheap to spend the $ on a pre-made one. I'll only be using it for a 6 hp / 23 kg motor, but this will hold my weight (77 kg) and felt solid. USD $12 in wood, $6 in screws, $12 more for caster wheels (not shown) Easy to scale up for more weight, also. Tweaked version from this threa...
by surfstar
08 Dec 2020, 23:56
Forum: My Boat / My Build...
Topic: TrueKit Navigator
Replies: 16
Views: 7726
United States of America

Re: TrueKit Navigator

Has anyone got any feedback using these boats in some reasonable chop? How wet are we talking? Have you always felt safe? Hard to find any info/videos. Any tips in general for when skippering these boats? If you haven't yet, search on YouTube for Truekit and Takacat videos to see how others are doi...
by surfstar
22 Nov 2020, 21:55
Forum: My Boat / My Build...
Topic: TrueKit Navigator
Replies: 16
Views: 7726
United States of America

Re: TrueKit Navigator

With hindsight I wish I had opted for the 9.9 Yamaha (and stuff the 10 kg's). Hope the tiller extension will help ya a bit! I'd also suggest to ensure the tubes are fully inflated - cold water can shrink them if you topped them off on land / in the sun prior to casting off. That little bit might be...
by surfstar
19 Nov 2020, 18:47
Forum: Outboards
Topic: Marine oil or synthetic motor oil?
Replies: 5
Views: 692
United States of America

Re: Marine oil or synthetic motor oil?

Just like in vehicles, use what the owner's manual says if you want to keep your warranty. After that, feel free to experiment; but for outboards, I'd use an outboard/marine rated oil as indicated.
by surfstar
27 Oct 2020, 23:05
Forum: My Boat / My Build...
Topic: TrueKit Navigator
Replies: 16
Views: 7726
United States of America

Re: TrueKit Navigator

@theins - I'm very interested in how your Navigator goes with the cupped prop, two passengers, and a bit of gear. I'm pretty much set on getting a True Kit Discovery. I'm just not sure on size and motor. 90% of the time I'll be solo I think, so the smaller boat + a Suzuki 6 hp 4 stroke (lightest in ...

Go to advanced search