Search found 4 matches
- 02 Sep 2020, 16:28
- Forum: Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter
- Topic: Planing with a 6HP...what are my options?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 6163

Re: Planing with a 6HP...what are my options?
Good to know about the transom. I'll leave out the wood blocks then, its just another thing to go wrong in the long run. Yea, i am 80 kg and so is my friend. Nothing else but gas and beer on board, so am hoping we should plane easier with the new propeller. No fun plodding along at 6mph and a lot of...
- 02 Sep 2020, 16:25
- Forum: Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter
- Topic: Planing with a 6HP...what are my options?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 6163

- 02 Sep 2020, 15:52
- Forum: Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter
- Topic: Finally taken the plunge
- Replies: 14
- Views: 1710

Re: Finally taken the plunge
Thats a very nice outboard stand. Small and perfect to keep mated with the outboard until final use. I cant find it anywhere on amazon or online now. That would have made my choice of motor different from the 6hp i just got. I'd love a 15hp but no way i want to manhandle 110lbs of outboard into and ...
- 02 Sep 2020, 15:42
- Forum: Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter
- Topic: Planing with a 6HP...what are my options?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 6163

Planing with a 6HP...what are my options?
Hi all, New forum member here! I have a new Yamaha 6HP paired to a 10’ SIB with air floor. I just finished the break in of the motor, but am struggling to get it to plane with 2 normal adults. The bow just rises and stays up. We are averaging 6mph WOT at displacement speeds with 2 aboard. No fun at ...


