Search found 7 matches

by BigBuoysToys
08 Jul 2020, 16:22
Forum: Outboards
Topic: Help, 1972 Evinrude Fastwin 18hp Saga
Replies: 6
Views: 721
England

Re: Help, 1972 Evinrude Fastwin 18hp Saga

Thank you for that, I had spotted it but trying for a little less outlay.

Thanks anyway.
by BigBuoysToys
08 Jul 2020, 15:45
Forum: Outboards
Topic: Help, 1972 Evinrude Fastwin 18hp Saga
Replies: 6
Views: 721
England

Re: Help, 1972 Evinrude Fastwin 18hp Saga

Thanks for your reply. Yes, a very testy job but even though the shaft is saved its left the prop with a couple of 2 cm chips and no core. I remember having a chipped prop repaired years ago. Is it still done? I imagine a new core would be a bit costly so looking for another one. How would I contact...
by BigBuoysToys
08 Jul 2020, 13:10
Forum: Outboards
Topic: Help, 1972 Evinrude Fastwin 18hp Saga
Replies: 6
Views: 721
England

Re: Help, 1972 Evinrude Fastwin 18hp Saga

Hi, update!! After another nights soaking and some very fine work with a disk cutter the prop core finally released. So, all solved there with patience and care.

The second question as to the compatibility of other similar yeared engines in Evinrude and Johnson is still open for answers.

Thank You.
by BigBuoysToys
08 Jul 2020, 10:07
Forum: Outboards
Topic: Help, 1972 Evinrude Fastwin 18hp Saga
Replies: 6
Views: 721
England

Help, 1972 Evinrude Fastwin 18hp Saga

One of my engines, which I bought a year ago, a 1972 18hp Evinrude Fastwin, is a good starter and runner but had always been used with remotes and needed a tiller handle. I found the right one but then realised the gear riser was missing and was lucky to find one quickly. I then turned my attention ...
by BigBuoysToys
04 Jun 2020, 13:46
Forum: Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER
Topic: Hello!
Replies: 4
Views: 561
England

Re: Hello!

I will but it may be a few days while I get other things like a backlog of trips to the tip sorted!! Us jetsetters eh!!
by BigBuoysToys
04 Jun 2020, 10:47
Forum: Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER
Topic: Hello!
Replies: 4
Views: 561
England

Re: Hello!

Thanks a bunch; I'm sure I will but even more so when I finally get the boat on the water. A bit to do first but launch day can't come too quickly. Look forward to partaking in the forum. All the best.
by BigBuoysToys
04 Jun 2020, 09:12
Forum: Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER
Topic: Hello!
Replies: 4
Views: 561
England

Hello!

I've always had a liking for water. my dad was a submariner on diesel subs and the salt water obviously seeped through. Started with Sibs when I started diving in the early 80's. First boat was an Avon 12 footer with a Volvo Archimedes Penta 360. Very smooth and so easy to start. Still is! I've a 25...

Go to advanced search