Search found 20 matches
- 08 Nov 2021, 08:24
- Forum: My Boat / My Build...
- Topic: TrueKit Navigator
- Replies: 16
- Views: 7727

Re: TrueKit Navigator
I have a new True kit Takacat 380 with a 20 hp Tohatsu. The engine has only just arrived so neither has got wet yet, it arrived just in time for winter. I will only use the sib with my wife, and after agonising over engine size went for the 20hp, so far I think handling the engine on my own would b...
- 06 Nov 2021, 04:51
- Forum: My Boat / My Build...
- Topic: TrueKit Navigator
- Replies: 16
- Views: 7727

Re: TrueKit Navigator
Hi everyone, greetings from Ohio! Considering a True Kit Navigator 300 and 9.9 outboard, so reading these posts has been helpful! I’m a little concerned about handling the size and weight of the boat and engine combined, and getting it in/out of the water. Would definitely get the wheels. Definitel...
- 21 Mar 2021, 07:39
- Forum: Outboards
- Topic: Propellers
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2449

Re: Propellers
Hey Tony,
I have used these guys for a double cupped propeller for my 6hp outboard. Whilst not having much of an impact on speed, it does get up on plane...
The URL: https://www.propellerwarehouse.com.au/
I have used these guys for a double cupped propeller for my 6hp outboard. Whilst not having much of an impact on speed, it does get up on plane...
The URL: https://www.propellerwarehouse.com.au/
- 21 Mar 2021, 07:32
- Forum: SIB - Soft Inflatable Boat
- Topic: Know anything about True Kit boats?
- Replies: 32
- Views: 19312

Re: Know anything about True Kit boats?
Looks great - have fun! What outboard did you end up getting? I am seriously considering selling the 6hp and getting a 9.9hp..
- 12 Dec 2020, 00:25
- Forum: My Boat / My Build...
- Topic: TrueKit Navigator
- Replies: 16
- Views: 7727

Re: TrueKit Navigator
With hindsight I wish I had opted for the 9.9 Yamaha (and stuff the 10 kg's). Hope the tiller extension will help ya a bit! I'd also suggest to ensure the tubes are fully inflated - cold water can shrink them if you topped them off on land / in the sun prior to casting off. That little bit might be...
- 12 Dec 2020, 00:09
- Forum: My Boat / My Build...
- Topic: TrueKit Navigator
- Replies: 16
- Views: 7727

Re: TrueKit Navigator
Hi all, I too am in line for a true kit 3m navigator once they're in stock come December. Have purchased a 8h Yamaha 2 stroke in advance. First boat for me so I am eeaaagerly awaiting its arrival, many hours of research/speculating over the last few months - sure many of you can relate. Has anyone ...
- 02 Nov 2020, 08:38
- Forum: My Boat / My Build...
- Topic: TrueKit Navigator
- Replies: 16
- Views: 7727

Re: TrueKit Navigator
@theins - I'm very interested in how your Navigator goes with the cupped prop, two passengers, and a bit of gear. I'm pretty much set on getting a True Kit Discovery. I'm just not sure on size and motor. 90% of the time I'll be solo I think, so the smaller boat + a Suzuki 6 hp 4 stroke (lightest in...
- 30 Aug 2020, 23:09
- Forum: My Boat / My Build...
- Topic: TrueKit Navigator
- Replies: 16
- Views: 7727

Re: TrueKit Navigator
I thought I'd share my recent experience... I have decided to get the foil installed - It's called permatrim, but essentially the same thing as in the picture above. Have had the boat out once since the install and initial impression is positive - seems to come onto plane faster than before - I don'...
- 22 Aug 2020, 01:26
- Forum: SIB - Soft Inflatable Boat
- Topic: Know anything about True Kit boats?
- Replies: 32
- Views: 19312

Re: Know anything about True Kit boats?
I am really enjoying it - having said that, this is my first boat, so have nothing really to compare it with. I like it as a) it is big enough for two of us (and some camping gear) b) it is a stable platform Originally I was drawn to the explorer, but decided that the navigator was going to be more ...
- 17 Aug 2020, 01:03
- Forum: My Boat / My Build...
- Topic: TrueKit Navigator
- Replies: 16
- Views: 7727

TrueKit Navigator
Hi, during the lockdown I did my research and once we were allowed out again I bought a TrueKit Navigator 300, which is big enough for two of us to go exploring. TrueKit_TH.jpg Having fitted beachmaster wheels we are able to launch pretty much anywhere which is exactly what we were after. Beachmaste...


