Search found 5 matches

by Moonshadow
05 Nov 2019, 13:13
Forum: Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter
Topic: Launching from remote sites
Replies: 4
Views: 914
Germany

Re: Launching from remote sites

Steve,
Yeah, in any smaller area where I would not be covering any great distance I do have a Honda 2.3hp which is great in many circumstances. The 9.8 hp and thus planing would really be for more adverse conditions and longer distances etc.
by Moonshadow
05 Nov 2019, 13:09
Forum: Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter
Topic: Launching from remote sites
Replies: 4
Views: 914
Germany

Re: Launching from remote sites

Chris, Yes it is a 4 stroke. I am not quite sure about the Tohatsu but my Honda 2.3 hp, 4 stroke has a rests on the one side of the engine cowling for laying the engine down on to ensure that oil does not leak. I am only getting the Tohatsu tomorrow so will know more then. But generally speaking the...
by Moonshadow
05 Nov 2019, 12:07
Forum: Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter
Topic: Launching from remote sites
Replies: 4
Views: 914
Germany

Launching from remote sites

OK, so I have just joined this forum and I am not quite sure whether this section is the right place for my question. Having been a big boater for many, many years, both on inland waterways and the sea, I feel I would like to access some more remote areas which are just not doable with a big boat. M...
by Moonshadow
04 Nov 2019, 20:33
Forum: Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER
Topic: Hello there.
Replies: 2
Views: 387
Germany

Re: Hello there.

Many thanks Chris for your reply. You are right of course that a 6 hp engine is cutting it a bit fine. It was just that I am a little older in the meantime and trying to save the old back etc. Anyway, you are right and I have decided to go for the 9.8 hp Tohatsu which weighs in at 37 kgs. I have a p...
by Moonshadow
02 Nov 2019, 10:39
Forum: Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER
Topic: Hello there.
Replies: 2
Views: 387
Germany

Hello there.

Hi, just joined this site. I have been a boater for many years both on inland waterways and sea, from the Baltic to the North Sea to the Med and all in between. My main boat has been for several years a 43 ft steel cruiser with which I have extensively cruised throughout Europe. At the moment the bo...

Go to advanced search