Search found 22 matches
- 16 Mar 2021, 00:00
- Forum: Outboards
- Topic: Propellers
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2452

Propellers
Hello all Looking for your recommendations on the best shops to use for new props for my Hissan/ Tohatsu 4st 5 hp and Honda 4st 5hp outboard engines Thank you in advance Also, if you have fitted a prop guard to your outboard, recommendations of the make/model/sellers for this would also be greatly a...
- 16 Feb 2021, 10:33
- Forum: Outboards
- Topic: Outboard fuel
- Replies: 1
- Views: 303

Outboard fuel
Hello all
Has anyone tried Aspen 2 or Aspen 4 Alkylate petrol in their outboards ?
Has anyone tried Aspen 2 or Aspen 4 Alkylate petrol in their outboards ?
- 03 Feb 2021, 23:07
- Forum: Outboards
- Topic: Been offered a Honda o/b
- Replies: 3
- Views: 734

Re: Been offered a Honda o/b
Not sure yet - hopefully short ;)
- 02 Feb 2021, 23:26
- Forum: Outboards
- Topic: Been offered a Honda o/b
- Replies: 3
- Views: 734

Been offered a Honda o/b
Hello all
So, I've been offered a Honda outboard by someone giving up sailing
4-stroke, 5 hp Honda, just been serviced with receipts to prove
Asking price £ 450 - is this reasonable ?
So, I've been offered a Honda outboard by someone giving up sailing
4-stroke, 5 hp Honda, just been serviced with receipts to prove
Asking price £ 450 - is this reasonable ?
- 18 Oct 2020, 20:56
- Forum: Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter
- Topic: Boat finally acquired
- Replies: 4
- Views: 600

Re: Boat finally acquired
Admin Edit.. IMAGE LINKS BROKEN & REMOVED https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/LP1gVF5pkvdSCbeeqee8n2-JhcKTwXFYX7GWSX5QTx5Ep2H4lbdUSJrKCqZZiSdwif7rRcB6ynyEFbMbQlJA0XcCijvf3VgCAnmU2eWWpaUjbGpJhcBjZhcVuVWOOpYX2Zv-xn89jHk8eqLXogTebA_FrFdgpRsLUxAI_4c7HBkciioILRyHutg8VBInpNHUJItqlvnlNwx87Hx8g9vLvkqlj7lks0P...
- 17 Oct 2020, 17:24
- Forum: Outboards
- Topic: Transporting a 9.8 4 Stroke in the back of a car
- Replies: 8
- Views: 1295

Re: Transporting a 9.8 4 Stroke in the back of a car
May be late in replying to this but as I've found out from the same query you're outboard will likely have some form of identification (likely on the cowl) as to what orientation the motor may be laid flat for storage or transport. For my 4-hp 4-stroke Nissan outboard that would be laying it on its ...
- 17 Oct 2020, 17:10
- Forum: Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter
- Topic: Boat finally acquired
- Replies: 4
- Views: 600

Boat finally acquired
After lots of looking & searching, I've finally acquired my first 'proper' boat
It's not an inflatable, but it is quirky
Got a Porta Bote 12 ft with 4 hp, 4-stroke 'Nissan' outboard (rebadged Tohatsu)
Hope I'm still welcome on site
It's not an inflatable, but it is quirky
Got a Porta Bote 12 ft with 4 hp, 4-stroke 'Nissan' outboard (rebadged Tohatsu)
Hope I'm still welcome on site
- 12 Jul 2019, 16:45
- Forum: Thinking Of Buying?
- Topic: A whole new world I didn't know existed
- Replies: 22
- Views: 3883

Re: A whole new world I didn't know existed
Hello again harrison , Yes, I've got experience with boats, everything from that as listed including boating the Norfolk Broads, Thames, Ouse and even building my own canoe But I've absolutely ZERO experience when it comes to inflatable craft -- so I'm more than happy to take whatever guidance I can...
- 12 Jul 2019, 16:31
- Forum: Honwave
- Topic: Honda Marine - Honwave Air Floor Range- (Quality Control Issues)
- Replies: 17
- Views: 7124

Re: Honda Marine - Honwave Air Floor Range- (Quality Control Issues)
Hello all,
In what year did the 'quality issues' with Honwave begin, or have they always been there
The reason I ask is that the boat I'm looking at was originally sold from new in May 2016
Just wondering if this is likely to pre-date the Honwave Banana boats ?
In what year did the 'quality issues' with Honwave begin, or have they always been there
The reason I ask is that the boat I'm looking at was originally sold from new in May 2016
Just wondering if this is likely to pre-date the Honwave Banana boats ?
- 12 Jul 2019, 00:16
- Forum: Thinking Of Buying?
- Topic: A whole new world I didn't know existed
- Replies: 22
- Views: 3883

Re: A whole new world I didn't know existed
Hello @harrison - what boat / engine combo would you go for for this sort of money, and which vendors would you suggest Sorry it wasn’t a recommendation. My reply purely stated you could get the same boat and a better motor new for not a lot more. The figures weren’t plucked from thin air as in Apr...


