Search found 7 matches
- 24 Jun 2019, 03:16
- Forum: F-Rib / Foldable Rib / Folding Boat
- Topic: tear in boat, how to repair?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2638

Re: tear in boat, how to repair?
Good evening, Just an update to close this discussion. I used LocTite Vinyl, Fabric, and Plastic Adhesive. It seemed most likely to seal rubber and PVC. I was very generous with the adhesive around the area. I think it will work well (blown up without leak for 24+hrs now) but I will let you know how...
- 18 Jun 2019, 00:27
- Forum: F-Rib / Foldable Rib / Folding Boat
- Topic: tear in boat, how to repair?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2638

Re: tear in boat, how to repair?
Hi, thanks for the input. I have confirmed that the leak is at the interface of the inflated tube and the rubber which connects the tube to the transom. I will try to include another picture here to demonstrate with soap bubbles. The material is not labelled as far as I can tell but it seems more li...
- 17 Jun 2019, 01:12
- Forum: F-Rib / Foldable Rib / Folding Boat
- Topic: tear in boat, how to repair?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2638

tear in boat, how to repair?
Good evening here in the USA, Florida. about 6 months into using my folding rigid inflatable boat purchased from Costco. It is called a Hydroforce and the manufacturer is BestWay. I am writing because I have been out on the boat about 20 times and I experienced my first hole!!! I have included a pic...
- 14 Jan 2019, 03:50
- Forum: Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER
- Topic: new member from USA, Gulf Coast Florida
- Replies: 12
- Views: 2332

Re: new member from USA, Gulf Coast Florida
I agree I think we will definitely need a landing net. Once I get the bait bucket set up, I will need to think of how to store the landing net. I think I would like to build a multipurpose removable basin/bait bucket/cooler that would sit in the bow and circulate with the water. If small enough coul...
- 12 Jan 2019, 22:16
- Forum: Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER
- Topic: new member from USA, Gulf Coast Florida
- Replies: 12
- Views: 2332

Re: new member from USA, Gulf Coast Florida
Thanks to everyone for the great advice. We are having a great time with the boat. I’m finding that as I add more gear/bags/coolers etc, the boat is not planing as well with our family of 5 on board. We have a 9.9hp Honda 4 stroke with about 225kg total person weight among our Motley Crew. With good...
- 07 Jan 2019, 12:03
- Forum: Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER
- Topic: new member from USA, Gulf Coast Florida
- Replies: 12
- Views: 2332

Re: new member from USA, Gulf Coast Florida
Great recommendations. Thank you!!
- 07 Jan 2019, 02:47
- Forum: Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER
- Topic: new member from USA, Gulf Coast Florida
- Replies: 12
- Views: 2332

new member from USA, Gulf Coast Florida
Hi everyone, I'm glad to have found this forum. I am just getting into boating and recently found an inflatable boat at my local Costco store. The boat is made by Bestway and is called Mirovia Hydroforce. It is about 3.3m and has 4 metal floorboards with 2 x ~0.9m bench seats. It sat in my garage un...


