F-Ribs And Sibs.Com • View topic - First run of 2018!

First run of 2018!

Soft Floor Inflatable Boats

First run of 2018!

Postby Jimthehook » 12 Jan 2018, 13:03

Finally managed to get out for our first run of 2018 :party We headed to Torquay in Devon about a 40 mins drive from us just for a change from our normal launches. Its a great slipway all new and clean with loads of room this time of the year with parking right behind, a fishing shop, chandlery, coffee shop all right on the quayside where you set up so couldn't ask for more really. They charge £10 to launch but tbh its worth it due to location etc plus taps for washing down after.

Anyway we had 4 hours on the water it was great, had seriously missed it over xmas, roll on the warmer weather and many more outings!.

Oh also when we landed the Mrs jumped out the front onto the slipway and slipped straight over and vanished from sight under the front of the honwave only to re emerge with her auto life jacket going pop and full inflating :thud , we laughed though and at least we got to see it in action, so a new re arm kit was ordered last night to deal with that!!! :lol:
Attachments
4.jpg
3.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
Jimthehook

Boat Make: Honwave T32IE
Outboard: Mercury 9.9fs
MMSI Number: 10

Re: First run of 2018!

Postby chris moody » 12 Jan 2018, 13:28

Sounds like a great slipway.

Winter boating is great, nothing better than going out on a lovely cold, crisp, sunny winters day. And the bonus is you get the water pretty much to yourself.

At least you now know the lifejacket works :)
Chris Moody

Tiny Tigga - Honwave T32IE with launch wheels Honda 2hp 4 stroke air cooled & Tohatsu 9.8 2 stroke
Tigga 2 - Ribcraft 4.8 Honda BF50
http://twitter.com/aslmarine
chris moody
Supporting Member

Outboard: Tohatsu 9.8
MMSI Number: 235900806

Postby Jimthehook » 12 Jan 2018, 18:29

Yup it was a great run, if the Mrs's feet were not freezing I could have stayed out much longer!!!, We both had drysuits on and plenty of layers but her feet felt it long before mine!. and like you say it was nice and quiet this time of year, that same slip in 4 months time will be chaos!!! :D

Jim.
Jimthehook

Postby Paul B » 12 Jan 2018, 19:25

Looks like you had a great time, well u did, the wife not as much , :lol: I remember my old dad doing the same from his/ my old T32, swing his leg over the tube at the slip, but couldn’t get his other leg over the side,, 1 leg on the slip, the other inside the sib, something had to give :lol: :lol: Splash and next think up he popped with a fully inflated life jacket, I know you shouldn’t laugh, but my sides hurt :rofl
Chief Cook and Bottle washer
TRALEE BAY FISH N CHIPS

Honwave T38ie2 Suzuki DF 9.9 (15hp) conversion
Scooter perception kayak
Gosea fishing kayak
Paul B
Supporting Member

Boat Make: Honwave T38ie2
Outboard: Suzuki df9.9 (15hpconversion)
MMSI Number: 0

Postby Jimthehook » 12 Jan 2018, 20:25

:rofl :rofl i know right, shouldn't laugh but was funny :cheers
Jimthehook

Postby Cliff » 12 Jan 2018, 20:52

Good fun Jim, who needs the Caribbean when you've got cold and frosty Inglaterra :IANW looks like a great place to launch, I'll check it out next time I'm down there. Cliff
96% of people are basically good, it's the 4% that f*ck up the world
Cliff

Boat Make: Highfield CL310 Rib
Outboard: tohatsu 20hp efi
MMSI Number: 0

Postby Paul » 12 Jan 2018, 21:41

Nice one Jim and much :respect to your Mrs joining you during this 'fresh' part of the boating season :thumbsup
As Chris has said it can be some of the best boating IMO ;-)
We all have these little moments which we learn from :lol: but hey you'll always look back, remember that trip and have a giggle ...... that's what boating is all about, fun and building memories :hugs
On the subject of your Mrs cold feet, I suffer badly with cold feet but find 2-3 layers of socks seem to work for me :idea: ..... not man-made fibre or cotton socks :no but good old wool socks should work :idea:
Thanks for shareing
:cheers
I walked through the door marked 'EXIT' and life is now good!
Paul
Supporting Member

Boat Make: F-RIB360
Outboard: Seagull 4hp, Honda 10hp, Tohatsu 20hp
MMSI Number: 235915479

Postby Jimthehook » 15 Jan 2018, 16:58

Paul wrote:Nice one Jim and much :respect to your Mrs joining you during this 'fresh' part of the boating season :thumbsup
As Chris has said it can be some of the best boating IMO ;-)
We all have these little moments which we learn from :lol: but hey you'll always look back, remember that trip and have a giggle ...... that's what boating is all about, fun and building memories :hugs
On the subject of your Mrs cold feet, I suffer badly with cold feet but find 2-3 layers of socks seem to work for me :idea: ..... not man-made fibre or cotton socks :no but good old wool socks should work :idea:
Thanks for shareing
:cheers

yup it was a shock but we had a good laugh and learned how to deploy the spray hood and checked the strobe light worked so all good!!! the new rearm kit turned up today so thats all fitted and ready to go!! like you say its all good fun and adds to the memories! thanks for the wool sock tips too we are going to get some at the weekend for her and see how that goes :thumbsup
Jimthehook

Postby Paul » 15 Jan 2018, 21:53

Jimthehook wrote: thanks for the wool sock tips too we are going to get some at the weekend for her and see how that goes :thumbsup

Jim
I mentioned this subject to my better half and she reminded me that the wool you want is Merino Wool :thumbsup
Google it and you'll see she's right (obviously :roll: ) but read the label on the socks before you buy to make sure they're high in Merino Wool content..... lady's hiking socks should do the job ;-)
I walked through the door marked 'EXIT' and life is now good!
Paul
Supporting Member

Boat Make: F-RIB360
Outboard: Seagull 4hp, Honda 10hp, Tohatsu 20hp
MMSI Number: 235915479

Postby Captain cod » 15 Jan 2018, 23:41

My missus is always complaining about cold feet so for Christmas I bought her some battery powered heated socks. She said they are fantastic. They were £25 off ebay but as long as it keeps her happy and quiet.bits all good

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Captain cod
Veteran Member

Boat Make: Humber
Outboard: Mariner 40hp

Next

Return to SIB (Inflatable Boats)