F-Ribs And Sibs.Com • View topic - Montrose to Caterline jolly with Donny & Danny

Montrose to Caterline jolly with Donny & Danny

If you have craft other than a small Rib / Sib or Frib, Then this is the place to tell us all about it.
Canoes, Kayaks, Hardshells, Sailboats... etc
Forum rules
Please use your craft type/make/model as a header to help with the search facility.

Montrose to Caterline jolly with Donny & Danny

Postby warder54 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:21 am

Enjoyed a few hours out yesterday with the comedy duo! :drive

A 1 hr run up to Caterline, a nice steady cruise at 24mph, slowed down here and there for Donny to have a look at the scenery, caves etc - pity it was low tide so we were unable to enter the bigger cave just North of Inverbervie, there is a rock shelf just under the surface as you pass through a small channel to enter the cave so that was a no go.
I couldn't find my camera bag before we left so I only have 2 snaps taken at the Pub at the top of the cliffs.
20170614_134959_1497513509477_resized.jpg
A Coke and a half of ale

20170614_135029_1497513505563_resized.jpg
10 Minutes later ;-)

The trip back took about 2.5 hrs as the breeze had picked up considerably so 10mph was a comfortable speed and we were in no hurry, could have picked up the pace if needed but why suffer?
Donny was surprised at the Smartwave being easier to retrieve than his SIB :thumbsup
So it was back to my place for tea before Donny had to head for home.
A very enjoyable trip in good company.
Why am I here - I should be in my boat fishing!!
Mike Elliott
warder54
Supporting Member

Boat Make: F-Rib 360 + Smartwave 480
Outboard: Mar 15 2 st
Yam 60 efi
Toh 5 4 st
MMSI Number: 10

Re: Montrose to Caterline jolly with Donny & Danny

Postby The Gurnard » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:36 pm

Hi again Mike (Warder) ..yup..you are right..it was easier launching the large boat than my large SIB..because the large boat is floated on and off its trailer..with the engine and everything in it. I am still muck around fixing engines etc. when I launch my SIB

Thanks again for the invite and day out ..I really enjoyed it..and it was lovely meeting both you and Danny again.

I also think you are correct..in that Danny and Donny are the sea going equivalent of Morecambe and Wise (Only we are both still alive..just)

Here is my contribution to the day out. I didn’t take much video footage.. but still managed a short fishy tale of the day

Many thanks again for the day at sea ..it was appreciated...and it was great meeting you all again :thumbsup
The Gurnard
Supporting Member

Boat Make: Quicksilver 4.3m HD
Outboard: Mariner 25HP two stroke : Mariner 3.3HP
MMSI Number: 0

Re: Montrose to Caterline jolly with Donny & Danny

Postby warder54 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:07 am

Nicely done Donny - quick production too :thumbsup
Yep an enjoyable way to spend an afternoon. A pity the sea wasn't as calm for the whole trip as it was at the start.
Why am I here - I should be in my boat fishing!!
Mike Elliott
warder54
Supporting Member

Boat Make: F-Rib 360 + Smartwave 480
Outboard: Mar 15 2 st
Yam 60 efi
Toh 5 4 st
MMSI Number: 10

Return to The Darkside -All other craft this way ...