F-Ribs And Sibs.Com • View topic - Into the Wilderness

Into the Wilderness

Follow Donny in his newly purchased F-Rib 275.

Re: Into the Wilderness

Postby The Gurnard » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:10 pm

Thanks for your very kind comment Britd5 ..Enzo200500 and of course .. the rest of the team :thumbsup

I'm delighted you enjoyed both the original "Into the Wild"movie..and my wee spoof movies of parts of its chapters.

I'm back from my latest adventure and have started posting it for the other SIB channel who organised the outing. I'm jumping ahead a bit with my Priest Island chapter which is not yet complete..but I'm sure you will all forgive that for the moment.

I called this chapter “Friends” as it illustrates the dying thoughts of Chris McCandless of “Into the Wild”. A true story of a guy who realised that adventures were best when shared with others who could understand him.

Soundtrack is Runrig playing “Siol Ghoraidh” Its sung in the mother tongue of the north..and is basically a chant as the different clansmen gather together. I thought it an apt track for the occasion

So without further ado from me.. crank up your sounds .. watch in full HD resolution.. and follow the guys on their adventure into the Wilderness. If you enjoy watching it.. do come back for more...or better still ..come to a SIB outing yourselves.. the Scottish one for this forum will be of a similar format :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjWNQGeZaek

The Gurnard
Supporting Member

Boat Make: Quicksilver 4.3m HD
Outboard: Mariner 25HP two stroke : Mariner 3.3HP
MMSI Number: 0

Postby The Gurnard » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:43 pm

I have been very busy making movies of the other forum’s outing ..but the production is now complete. You can watch all four episodes at once now .. hope you enjoy them :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QezqMfyNsTE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sCJJ5Pmis4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ol_otBz5tI

Im off to doc’s again at the start of next week..then heading for more adventures. I will try to keep up to date with the videos.. but have a big backlog of clips to work through.. and my priority at present is to get adventuring while I can. :yay

Hope you are all enjoying your own adventures. :thumbsup

Best regards
The Gurnard
The Gurnard
Supporting Member

Postby The Gurnard » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:20 pm

I have now uploaded Part 2 of Priest Island ..completing that chapter from my Gopro movie “Into the Wilderness”. :D

I hope to eventually cover the North West coast down to the Isle of Skye ..assuming the weather allows.

This is a small map of my Priest Island Journey. It was around 30 miles by sea. I will upload the Summer Isles chapter on my return from the North.

Here is the movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8l14D92iqs

Also.. I don’t generally go boating when its a grey dreich day ..so find other things to do. I clambered up a small mountain nicknamed Stac Poly.. while waiting clearer weather to go round the Summer Isles. Its a bit shaky ..not because of my vertigo..but because the GoPro gimbal battery was flat.. and I also did not notice the camera stabiliser was off. Guess I will have to reshoot it..next time the mist comes down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7vpszsu_T8

Enjoy
Best Regards
The Gurnard
The Gurnard
Supporting Member

Postby The Gurnard » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:22 am

Im home after another great week in the wilderness. :D

This time I went to the far North East because the weather was not good over on the west. I only came home as I am exhausted from walking and also have a tender liver .. however I intend returning as soon as I regain some energy. I hope to shortly start a course of injections that will sap all my energy for the rest of the year ... in the hope it improves my largest internal organ... so I am making the most of my freedom while I can.

Because the weather forecast was still not great for the North East.. I decided to take my third and smallest inflatable. It stays in the car at night and its few accessories ..including the outboard .. live in the top box. This meant that nothing ended up soaking wet if stored outside when it rained.

This video introduces my smallest and oldest boat nicely ... I call her ... “The Jellyfish”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd6HEM-oSrM

Best Regards
The Gurnard.
The Gurnard
Supporting Member

Postby Paul B » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:24 am

Nice little video Donny, Ps the weather over around Oban wasn't too bad, some rain at times but light showers really, and we managed to do around 90 miles boating in 2 days :lol:
Chief Cook and Bottle washer
TRALEE BAY FISH N CHIPS

Honwave T32ie Suzuki DF 9.9 (15hp) conversion
Scooter perception kayak
Gosea fishing kayak
Paul B
Supporting Member

Boat Make: Honwave 3.2ie
Outboard: Suzuki df9.9 (15hpconversion)

Postby The Gurnard » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:08 pm

Hi Paul B thanks for commenting..its appreciated.. as I sometimes wonder if there is any interest in the videos now as they go away from boating topics at times :thumbsup

Glad Oban weather was ok last week and you got a day’s boating in 8-)

For info only ..According to AccuWeather past records ..

Ullapool which I consider is North West Scotland had 64mm of rain for first four days of August.

Wick which I consider North East Scotland had 17mm of rain for first four days of August. Which ties in with the long range forecast I was going by.

That is the beauty of not being tied into a place to go in Scotland..if you can follow the weather forecasts. Very few midges in the North East either...which is another big plus :D
However it is a bit more populated by people so harder to find nice overnight camp spots with a view.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/wick/ ... view=table
The Gurnard
Supporting Member

Postby kaman » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:04 pm

Howdy Gurnard
Nice to see you dusting the cob webs off of your old Avon :thumbsup
Had a few days at Fort William and Applecross last week - it was very wet.
Here's hoping for an Indian Summer in time for the WWA :drive
kaman
Super Poster

Boat Make: Honwave 3.5a Honwave t3.8
Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp
Suzuki 2.5hp
Suzuki 2.2hp
MMSI Number: 235114675

Postby Paul » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:59 pm

The Gurnard wrote: I sometimes wonder if there is any interest in the videos now as they go away from boating topics at times :thumbsup

No way MR :no
I find everything you post up interesting and inspiring :D ......I'll confess I'm very jealous of your lifestyle :mrgreen:
Jeez, this old towny is going mad walking this ever ending treadmill of "life" as they call it :roll:
Keep them coming pleeeeeeeeeze :!:
:cheers
I walked through the door marked 'EXIT' and life is now good!
Paul
Supporting Member

Boat Make: F-RIB360
Outboard: Seagull 4hp, Honda 10hp, Tohatsu 20hp
MMSI Number: 235915479

Postby The Gurnard » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:35 pm

Thanks for showing an interest Guys. :thumbsup

Paul.. in reality .. I have little to be jealous of ..all I do is make the most of my days ..and try to turn them into adventures ;-)

The next few movies wont have much boating content in them.. but they still tell my summer story .. as well as illustrate how beautiful the North of Scotland really is.

Here is part two of Fields of Gold.. its life at a much slower pace ..but it still exhausts me as I don’t sit still for long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv6D4CXgvOs

The Gurnard
Supporting Member

Postby DouglasW » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:10 pm

Great stuff Gurnard, keep 'em coming, I am just sorry I was not well enough to come north with either you or Ian. This series of videos has made me all nostalgic for our days in the NE, especially as I am back down in the far SW.

I am having some mini adventures of my own though. Went out fishing in the F-Rib 330 today. It was gusting from bottom of a 4 to top of 5. Didn't catch a thing but I rescued a capsized Dart 18 cat. The crew had tried to right it repeatedly for 40 minutes but the head of the main sail was under water and sticking. They had done the right thing and disconnected the main sheet. I spotted that the mast was not swivelling to allow the sail to spill water, they had their stays too tight. Anyway I motored round and grabbed the mast then worked my way up to its head releasing the sail from the water and they got it up. Good job because it was an offshore wind and an ebb spring tide...

Douglas
DouglasW
Supporting Member

Boat Make: F-Rib 330
Outboard: Yamaha F15C
Yamaha F6C
Suzuki DF2.5

PreviousNext

Return to The Guppy