F-Ribs And Sibs.Com • View topic - Into the Wilderness

Into the Wilderness

Follow Donny in his newly purchased F-Rib 275.

Re: Into the Wilderness

Postby The Gurnard » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:53 pm

Douglas ..we are in the same boat as our failing guts .. internal organs and painful joints ..are a hereditary condition.
Once the vampires start sucking on our blood..the condition should improve. :o
Its raining on us this year..but next year..we will find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow :D

Thanks Danny.. I couldn’t manage the Tay that day .. as I was too far away.. but do keep me informed of any future east coast outings and I will try along if I’m closer. Hopefully my adventure videos will get even better.. once I start the remote sea journeys... I have viewed the footage..and its stunning scenery. :thumbsup

This is the first chapter of my “Into the Wilderness” Experience.

I stopped off at Loch Leven at Glencoe .. which many of the regulars here will recognise. I wanted to make sure I could find free food before heading all the way north.

This chapter is called The Migrating Mackerel.

Disclaimer.. All mackerel that died that day were eaten by myself. None were wasted...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NknJEH50m68

The Gurnard
Supporting Member

Boat Make: Quicksilver 4.3m HD
Outboard: Mariner 25HP two stroke : Mariner 3.3HP
MMSI Number: 0

Postby Britd5 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:39 pm

Loving your videos & the story behind them Adonis, I envy your position at times o be able to get up & go.....family & work pressures along with the general rat race down south are keeping me well grounded on dry land at present :respect
Britd5
Newish Member, But I Like It Here

MMSI Number: 10

Postby The Gurnard » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:15 pm

Many thanks for your kind comment and feedback Britd5 ..its appreciated :thumbsup

Before continuing posting videos about the northern Wilderness .. I have added an extra chapter to the Loch Leven area.

Its called “The Massacre” ..and its not about a mackerel massacre.

Its a part of Scottish history .. and highlights an atrocious act of Clan warfare.

However our history books have omitted the fact that the MacDonalds often went into Glen Lyon.. home to Robert Campbell .. and stole his cattle and molested his family. So he was quite happy to follow government orders to murder his neighbours.

Even today .. the Scots seem to be their own worst enemies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHe2IkbmIp4

The Gurnard
Supporting Member

Postby Paul B » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:51 am

Great video of the history of Glencoe, we did visit that island last year with you, and I've even taken the wife across to view it since then, :thumbsup
Chief Cook and Bottle washer
TRALEE BAY FISH N CHIPS

Honwave T32ie Suzuki DF 9.9 (15hp) conversion
Scooter perception kayak
Gosea fishing kayak
Paul B
Supporting Member

Boat Make: Honwave 3.2ie
Outboard: Suzuki df9.9 (15hpconversion)

Postby The Gurnard » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:39 pm

Hi Paul B ..yup I remember that day well.. it was very wet..but still boatable. :D

I'm hoping this year the weather will be better..its not been so good lately though.

I was hoping to get a couple more GoPro videos posted ..especially ones from the North. However I am through with doctors for another week or so.

Therefore .. Im heading back to the wilderness again tonight .. to slowly digest the information they have given me. :?

However .. I have made the next chapter in the video series ..and it covers my first exploratory boat trip into Loch Laxford. I had hoped the get the journey around Handa Island posted too..but its not finished yet..so you will have to wait a bit for the next ones

The video quality is not quite so good in this chapter .. as I was keeping my GoPro batteries charged for the Handa Island trip the following day. I used my camera to film this one. Its still very watchable .. so I hope you enjoy it. ..here it is and its called “Mind over Matter” filmed at Loch Laxford. Sound Track is still Eddie Vedder songs from "Into The Wild"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fWT_5gaeJI

Best regards
The Gurnard
The Gurnard
Supporting Member

Postby Pete » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:11 pm

Hello Donny :D Bloody love what you're doing, wish I was in the position to join you, even for a couple of days. May be one day! Look after yourself, have a great time, and keep the videos coming :D Especially if you can include some more history about the Clans.
Pete
Advanced Member

Boat Make: Excel Volante 330
Outboard: Yamaha 6 HP 4 Stroke

Postby Paul » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:40 pm

Donny
I've not had the best of days :thud so sat down and watched the videos again to cheer me up :mrgreen:
The Massacre video particularly put a smile on my face recalling last years visit to this island during a days horrible wet weather and despite us all wet through to the skin it was a highlight for me .... magical place :thumbsup

One question .... the camera work is very stable despite the boat and you bouncing around, have you invested in a Gimbal :?: if not, I'd love to know how you've made the footage steady as I struggle with this issue :(

Thanks again and please keep them coming 8-)
:cheers
I walked through the door marked 'EXIT' and life is now good!
Paul
Supporting Member

Boat Make: F-RIB360
Outboard: Seagull 4hp, Honda 10hp, Tohatsu 20hp
MMSI Number: 235915479

Postby The Gurnard » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:55 pm

Hi Pete..good to see you got your boat going with the 6HP..you too can now do deep sea adventures .. and you would be welcome to tag along for a day or so.

Hi Paul.. sorry for the delay in replying as Im still up north and there is no WIFI or phone signals for most of the time. Im heading home again tomorrow so should get some movies done over the weekend.

Yup.. I got the GoPro Karma gimbal..its not used on all the videos above as I have to watch the battery. I can only charge it three times..then my main portable battery is flat..which is another excuse to head home to charge everything..including myself. Im sure you can tell where I used it though. Its not waterproof like the camera..so unfortunately I cant shove it in the sea..which is a pity. I would have loved some under water footage of me being mugged at sea. :(

I would not do without the gimbal now ..it makes a huge difference. I had it out in a force 5 seas two days ago..so you will see how stable it is in that footage. I was around two mile off shore .. in the middle of nowhere. The wind at this time was around force 4 ..the sea was just getting bigger ..when it happened. :o

I was mobbed by a mad pack of about 50 starving common dolphins. :roll:

They wouldn’t leave me alone and all I wanted to do was concentrate on the waves. They followed for around half a mile before realising my wee boat didn’t taste very nice. Its all on gimballed Gopro.. and is stunning footage ..but its for future episodes..

This is just a taster...for later ..so stay tuned to The Gurnard channel .. you know it makes sense ..as its the best sea adventure channel on the internet :scratch :D

The Gurnard
Supporting Member

Postby kaman » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:46 pm

Howdy Gurnard, just catching up with your latest sea going exploits.
Cracking stuff as ever :thumbsup .
Got me thinking that I really need go get my little Go Pro session out and have a play with it in the Sib.
Hope to catch up with you soon out on the salty brine :drive
kaman
Super Poster

Boat Make: Honwave 3.5a Honwave t3.8
Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp
Suzuki 2.5hp
Suzuki 2.2hp
MMSI Number: 235114675

Postby Martin » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:08 am

The new GoPro Gurnard, loving it Donny :IANW
Superb footage and as said mega stable shooting with the new toy.

Great to see the footage of the island we visited, mega story and footage. Taking so much in whilst you first visit you don't always get the full benefit, your GoPro visit brings it all back.

Sounds like you've had a bit of a kicking from the Dr's buddy, hope it all works out. :thumbsup

I now need September here quicker than ever, busting to get back up there.. maybe it's time to think of relocating to the delightful west coast :mrgreen: :drive :LMT
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:
Martin
Supporting Member

Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75s
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi (2016)
MMSI Number: 123456789

PreviousNext

Return to The Guppy