This thread will be a work in progress and I suspect it may take a while to complete. Introduction
Pete came with us to Scotland and used his boat for one day. Unfortunately, his boat did not perform well enough so couldn’t take it along with the group. While driving home, Pete mentioned how he enjoyed driving it for one day and wanted to improve it so he could take it out for days trips. Pete asked me if I would mind helping him to enhance the boat to meet his requirements, and eventually, I caved in and came up with a compromise. I will help him if he does most of the manual labour as at the moment my time is very limited.
Pete has had a lot of good feedback from members on what probably needs to be done.
How successful this project will be, depends on Pete
- His cash flow, his time, his workmanship, and motivation.
Pete seems to struggle using this forum on his iPhone, so I'll will keep this thread up to date.Goals
1. The boat has to be safe
2. The boat has to perform with 2 adults on board
3. Have something by May 2018
I suspect he will end up with 2x 10Lt fuel tanks up in the front of the boat. A small RIB jockey console mounted as close to the front as possible and a 15HP 2 Stroke engine.Boat Spec
Avon 3.2m Rib (This is what I think, if anyone knows for sure let me know)
9.9hp 1984 Johnson 2-Stroke Engine
Remote steering and ThrottleThe first job
1) See how far his remote steering and Throttle cables reach as this will depend on the location where the console is mounted
2) Strip everything off the boat (Console and Engine) while taking loads of photos.
2) Research if the Johnson 15HP Powerhead on a 1986 engine is the same as a 1974 engine. Pete has a lovely 1974 15HP powerhead which has very little use.
Last edited by James
on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.