F-Ribs And Sibs.Com • View topic - Santa's List.....

Santa's List.....

The Bar...
Chat about anything here (within reason) Please keep it polite and PC

Santa's List.....

Postby Martin » 25 Nov 2017, 22:57

So we've had black Friday and Christmas is looming, what do we all have on the boaty xmas list then or what did you grab in the sales if anything.... ?

I've just purchased a new DJI Mavic drone to assist with some forum footage :clappy , Now all i need to do is fix my old Hubsan and flog it off :shame
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:
Martin
Supporting Member

Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789

Re: Santa's List.....

Postby warder54 » 25 Nov 2017, 23:12

Martin wrote:So we've had black Friday and Christmas is looming, what do we all have on the boaty xmas list then or what did you grab in the sales if anything.... ?

I've just purchased a new DJI Mavic drone to assist with some forum footage :clappy , Now all i need to do is fix my old Hubsan and flog it off :shame
Outgrown it already Martin? Not had a single day here on the water where I could have flown mine

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Why am I here - I should be in my boat fishing!!
Mike Elliott
warder54
Supporting Member

Boat Make: F-Rib 360 + Smartwave 480
Outboard: Mar 15 2 st
Yam 60 efi
Toh 5 4 st
Toh 20 efi
MMSI Number: 10

Postby Martin » 25 Nov 2017, 23:16

warder54 wrote:
Martin wrote:So we've had black Friday and Christmas is looming, what do we all have on the boaty xmas list then or what did you grab in the sales if anything.... ?

Outgrown it already Martin? Not had a single day here on the water where I could have flown mine

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

It was fun, but not what i wanted - Junking it on the beach after it went nuts put me right off the cheap Chinese junk tbh...
Bloody thing has a mind of its own.

We have a proper one now, fingers crossed this doesn't go nuts as it cost a hell of a lot more :thud
Martin
Supporting Member

Postby PaulR » 25 Nov 2017, 23:51

High on my list is
1. Honwave T38
2. Outboard 20hp
3. Touring caravan...deposit paid, picking it up on 9th December :thumbsup
4. Selection box :shame
PaulR
Supporting Member

Boat Make: FRib 360
Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp

Postby pritch » 26 Nov 2017, 00:07

There's some good camping kit in the sales so I've had a new tent for my Scottish trip next year.
I would love a mavic but a bit too expensive for me to risk losing it in the sea. I'm looking for a secondhand phantom 3 instead ;-)
pritch
Advanced Member

Boat Make: BISON 390

Postby Martin » 26 Nov 2017, 00:08

pritch wrote:

There's some good camping kit in the sales so I've had a new tent for my Scottish trip next year.
I would love a mavic but a bit too expensive for me to risk losing it in the sea. I'm looking for a secondhand phantom 3 instead ;-)

Phantom 3 SE, Bargain drone!
Martin
Supporting Member

Postby The Hobbit » 26 Nov 2017, 10:03

Just bought a DJI Phantom 3 Proffessional, thank you Santa :!: :!: :thumbsup :geek: :party
I'm not really a Hobbit, just look like one. Real name is "Andy".
The Hobbit
Supporting Member

Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
Outboard: 1985 Yamaha 2 stroke 15 D
MMSI Number: 235904468

Postby The Hobbit » 26 Nov 2017, 10:06

If you find a good insurer for your drone before me Martin, spill the beans and I shall do like wise :chat ;-)
I'm not really a Hobbit, just look like one. Real name is "Andy".
The Hobbit
Supporting Member

Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
Outboard: 1985 Yamaha 2 stroke 15 D
MMSI Number: 235904468

Postby Martin » 26 Nov 2017, 12:37

The Hobbit wrote:If you find a good insurer for your drone before me Martin, spill the beans and I shall do like wise :chat ;-)

I got a great deal on the DJI Care package, Upto two replacements in a year for a small charge should i crash the drone and it needs repairing. The only thing i have to make sure is i don't loose it all together, they'll only repair/replace it if i have one to give them.
I've asked LV (who i insure house & contents with) what the insurance cover is for the drone and the third party aspect is should i shave someone's head off lol.... Thankfully the Mavic comes with sensors to stop uneven ground landing and also has obstacle avoidance systems built in for forward motion.
Martin
Supporting Member

Postby pritch » 26 Nov 2017, 15:21

Martin wrote:
The Hobbit wrote:If you find a good insurer for your drone before me Martin, spill the beans and I shall do like wise :chat ;-)

I got a great deal on the DJI Care package, Upto two replacements in a year for a small charge should i crash the drone and it needs repairing. The only thing i have to make sure is i don't loose it all together, they'll only repair/replace it if i have one to give them.
I've asked LV (who i insure house & contents with) what the insurance cover is for the drone and the third party aspect is should i shave someone's head off lol.... Thankfully the Mavic comes with sensors to stop uneven ground landing and also has obstacle avoidance systems built in for forward motion.

Are you going to be using the ' follow me ' mode in your sib?
pritch
Advanced Member

Boat Make: BISON 390

Next

Return to General Chat