Switch to full style
The Bar...
Chat about anything here (within reason) Please keep it polite and PC
Post a reply

Gutted

Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:52 am

I'm due to goto saint ives bay holiday park tomorrow but I might not be able to take the boat. Because they said if I turn up.with a trailer and the car park is full I will not be allowed on site with it. So I'm going to have to see if I can cram everything on my car. But it's a big boat and engine to squeeze in. So I might have to leave it at home

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Re: Gutted

Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:28 am

That's a b*gger! :thud
Did you mention the boat/trailer when you booked?
:cheers

Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:32 am

Don't you just love these ever so helpful places. I go to a site at Ullswater where they charge you £4 a night for a boat trailer but nothing for a normal trailer and there's acres of space.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:39 am

rogerblack wrote:That's a b*gger! :thud
Did you mention the boat/trailer when you booked?
:cheers

No mate so I guess it is kind of my fault too but it's only a 4x3 box trailer. So I thought it would be ok. I'm going to have a practice run tonight at getting everything in the car. The main problem is the boat. Because it's 5 meters long I don't know the best way to pack it away. At the moment I start at the back fold the two ends in. Fold the transom down into the boat pull the two tubes into the middle the roll the transom over and over till I get to the end

Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:52 am

Hope everything works out fella :D Is this the site you mentioned, being able to camp near the sea?

Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:28 pm

No mate a different one

Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:33 pm

We we are here and we Brought the boat in the trailer they said we can park it in the car park but it is left at out own risk and if somebody else parks in front of it and blocks it in then tuff. But im looking forward to getting out on it and doing a spot of fishing. I'm going to have a scout around tomorrow to try and find the best place to launch. Hoping to get out on Monday. I've bought a new 4k action cam and my daughter is in charge of the photography and movie production hopefully she will do a good job. I've Brought the drone too so hopefully I'll get some good shots with that too

Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:51 pm

Just come back from the shop and some daft t@#t has blocked the trailer in some people have no brains

Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:20 pm

Captain cod wrote:Just come back from the shop and some daft t@#t has blocked the trailer in some people have no brains

Nothing a trolley jack can't cure :roll: :Boxsmile :clappy

Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:26 pm

Or a rppe attached to my towbar

Post a reply