Switch to full style
The Bar...
Chat about anything here (within reason) Please keep it polite and PC
Post a reply

Engine Trim

Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:15 am

First time out at Ullswater and our lass was sat up front, the nose of the SIB was punching in to the waves. Martin suggested when we stop to drop the engine down on to the first hole, problem solved. Out on my own, the back of the SIB seems quite deep with the nose up, so does it make sense to put the engine up a hole again?

Re: Engine Trim

Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:05 am

If possible move your weight further forward, try a tiller extension when on your own Leaving the trim pin as it is , firstly. If that doesn't work then move the trim pin

Re: Engine Trim

Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:35 am

Thanks Paul...I bought a tiller extension a few month back, a telescopic one, I think I'd be hanging over the front of the boat if I had it fully extended it's that big. First problem I found was due to the angle of my tiller, with the extension on it goes right over to the left...Last trip to Ullswater when I got a bit of speed going, I sat on the floor and leaned forward but my fingers were only just on the tiller, it was a very uncomfortable position.

Re: Engine Trim

Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:46 pm

Where did you get your tiller extention from Paul ?? I've been looking for an extendable one for when I'm on my own in my sib

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Re: Engine Trim

Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:54 pm

Alternatively load up the front of the boat with kit (anchor rope and other safety paraphanalia)

Re: Engine Trim

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:05 pm

Here's where I got mine:

http://pacermarine.co.uk/product-catego ... xtensions/


:cheers

Re: Engine Trim

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:06 pm

Captain cod wrote:Where did you get your tiller extention from Paul ?? I've been looking for an extendable one for when I'm on my own in my sib

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapeatalk


I bought it on Amazon, you can have it for a tenner if you want, it'll only sit in the garage otherwise. Only tried it on the OB the day it arrived.
It's this one...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

Re: Engine Trim

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:07 pm

mattswan2512 wrote:Alternatively load up the front of the boat with kit (anchor rope and other safety paraphanalia)


I had quite a bit of gear up front Matt, 5 kilo anchor, a bucket with well over 10 lb of lead :oops: plus tackle.

Re: Engine Trim

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:30 pm

Thanks Pete that great. Where abouts are you

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Re: Engine Trim

Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:56 pm

Pete wrote:
mattswan2512 wrote:Alternatively load up the front of the boat with kit (anchor rope and other safety paraphanalia)


I had quite a bit of gear up front Matt, 5 kilo anchor, a bucket with well over 10 lb of lead :oops: plus tackle.


Aha okay well the above advice is sound. Playing around with trim settings can make a real difference is speed and handling but they usualy offset each otger so the happy medium is best.
Post a reply