Switch to full style
Rigid Hull Inflatable Boats, Up to 4.8M length
Post a reply

Offer I couldn't refuse. Highfield 310

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:08 pm

:yay I got me a Highfield CL310. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW1hRmxAbzA

Ex demo @ 25% off list. Guess I'll have to row it because I haven't got an OB yet. It ticks all my boxes, can't wait to get on the water. Any passengers will have to call me Captain :gayslap . First things first, I've ordered the RYA Day skipper manual, better start reading up. Fail to prepare, Prepare to drown! :Rules
I'd put a photo up, but I can't seem to get it to stick :(

Re: Offer I couldn't refuse. Highfield 310

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:18 pm

Nice one Cliff.
You didn't waste much time!
Looking forward to your write up on performance and some piccies :thumbsup :drive

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:05 pm

Blimey Cliff you indeed don't hang around :o as I've only just answered your other thread :lol:
Great boats and I've yet to hear a bad word against them :respect
They are costly, however they are well thought out and spec'd up from initial purchase including many things as 'standard' that other manufactures list as 'extras' ;-)
I'm sure you're gonna love it especially at a 25% cost saving on new :clappy
Looking forward to your following updates :thumbsup
:cheers

Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:46 am

Thanks chaps, It seemed a good deal, so I thought I'd better have it before somebody else does, might have to delay the OB purchase a bit, this bit of kit is almost double the sib I was going to buy, but it does look the biz. As for the reports, I'll do my best, but I am a complete novice, so it will only be based on that. First step is to build a covered lock-up for the boat (a mini garage) I'll post some photos of it when it's done, if I ever work out how to embed photos. :LMT Silly me, it's at the bottom of the page. here's my new rib still in the showroom. Cliff
Attachments
New Rib 2.JPG
Cliff's New Rib.JPG
My new rib - still in the showroom
Last edited by Cliff on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:49 am

Look great cliff, Look forward to you getting it on the water and telling us all about it

Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:53 am

Cheers Paul, will do

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:24 pm

that's rated to 20hp!! that'll fly if you can one bolted on!!! cracking looking rib that!

the bow locker for a 12l fuel tank is a cracking use of space, loads of non slip...

looking at highfield's web site they do loads of extra kit too, consoles, extra seats, transom lockers...

mint! :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:40 pm

Would go well with one of those new lightweight Suzuki or Tohatsu EFI 4 strokes, or a good secondhand 2 stroke :)

Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:04 pm

That's a beauty.. I've had my eye on a Highfield for a while now. Look forward to seeing a few more pics of it out on the water.. :thumbsup

Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:48 am

Cheers Chaps, :thumbsup I'm looking at portability for the new O.B. At 37kg the Tohatsu 4 stroke 9.8 is looking favourite. It's the same weight as one of my swivel guns, which I can hump about easily. The 20hp which is the top limit for the boat is 52 kg and another grand on top. I reckon I'll get 20mph with the 9.8, fast enough for a beginner :drive . Plus the boat only weighs 50 kg (60kg on some reference sites) and that's going on the roof, I've modified the roofrack, waiting for the boat before I fine tune, will post photos when done. (here's the swivel gun reference, not touting, but you may be interested in what I do.) :shoot https://www.castcannons.co.uk/
Post a reply