F-Ribs And Sibs.Com • View topic - Flounder in Poole Harbour

Flounder in Poole Harbour

Tell us about your fishing experiences here...
Sib or F Rib fishing, we want to hear all about it

Flounder in Poole Harbour

Postby Mitch » 13 Feb 2018, 14:15

Finally got out yesterday for flounder around Poole harbour, didn't find any, in fact we didn't have even 1 bite of anything apart from a few crabs. :cry: But day not lost as the sun was out & saw only 1 other boat all day so we enjoyed it, it was great to be out even though we had 1 or 2 little tiny inciwincie small problems.
Got everything out of the car at Baiter slip & found i'd forgotten the battery to blow the boat up :oops:
Checked the launch wheels before putting them in the car the day before because I put shims on the axles to remove the play & everything was fine, put them on the boat at the slip & the boat was lopsided, one wheel dead flat :thud good job I have the engine on the cradle when transporting so pushed boat to the water then wheeled engine down to boat, pulled boat into water until front end floating then loaded up boat & away we went :)
Engine would only deliver about 8 knots, oh dear, finally figured it out, didn't unscrew relief valve on fuel tank :shame
NO fish, I've phoned bridger marine & told them I need a better fish finder preferably 1 with more fish on it.
My wife said I need to make a check list then I wouldn't forget things, I told her I have 1....but when I looked theres no battery on it :whistle
Day was pretty good with loads of sun but later in the day the sun went in wind got up, got a bit choppy with wind rising & white crests on the waves add to this that the floor pressure had gone down we slowly made our way back.
20180212_122040.jpg

20180212_130014.jpg

20180212_135118.jpg
Mitch
Supporting Member

Boat Make: Honwave T38-ie2
Outboard: Mercury 20HP Fourstroke
MMSI Number: 10

Re: Flounder in Poole Harbour

Postby kaman » 13 Feb 2018, 16:33

Nice one Mitch.
Though not the best results fishing wise at least you hot out in the Sib.
Any day in the boat is better than a day stuck indoors.
Better luck next time :drive
kaman
Supporting Member

Boat Make: Honwave 3.5a Honwave t3.8
Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp
Suzuki 2.5hp
Suzuki 2.2hp
MMSI Number: 235114675

Return to SIB Fishing - Fishing from your inflatable boat