Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789

Re: The Forum

Post by Martin » 15 Nov 2016, 18:49

Thanks Donny, your too kind :D
and I confess ...
I have read your blogs :D

If you still have the log in details, perhaps you might like to redirect them with a link to your "gurnard" section ?
And I can create one back to your blog so everyone see's your superb posts ?
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

The Gurnard
Super Poster
Boat Make: Quicksilver 4.3m HD
Outboard: Mariner 25HP two stroke : Mariner 3.3HP
Has thanked: 0

Post by The Gurnard » 15 Nov 2016, 19:07

Ach.. that's the problem with an old analogue git like myself in a sophisticated digital era Martin.. things get very complicated now.. because I have so many websites to log into ... and have a different password for each and every one.

I cant remember them all..so lost that blogs password a few years ago. I'm having a nightmare changing computers today..I need to re order my high blood pressure pills from my docs ..and guess what :o

I'm going to have a stroke because my pressure is building.. and I cant remember the password for my prescription renewals either :oops:

But at least I'm looking on the bright side of my fence today .. I can now see the crap I write.. cos its on a lovely 24" HD screen .. my wee I Pad was just a blur in the end

Oh..and I have just watched a U Tube on bikes..in glorious HD. I'm going to swap my F Rib for a Hog and go visit 9-R ..that's some outing they have for bikes over the pond.. watching it almost made me blind again :o :geek:

9-R
Super Poster
Boat Make: Boston Whaler Montauk 170
Outboard: Mercury 90hp EFI

Post by 9-R » 15 Nov 2016, 19:14

gotta check out Sturgis in the Black Hills: http://www.sturgismotorcyclerally.com/

When I was in grade school, my Dad decided to take a trip out Northwest with the family...in September... Didn't understand why there were Harleys gradually taking over the highways as we progressed. Wound up being the only car on the highway as we drew closer. We had no clue. Will never forget the bizarre looks on the thousands of biker guys as they stared at a family sedan strolling on down the main road.

My Dad did manage to stop and pick up a 6-pack of Sturgis Anniversary beer as a token. Think it still sits unopened in his basement back home.
Wrote a note said, 'back in a minute'. Bought a boat and I sailed off in it.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 28 Dec 2016, 23:59

:party Another year under our belt, and another year signed up for - we are now officially 2yr old :mrgreen: :star

A 2nd/3rd year is something we couldn't possibly have envisaged, It certainly wouldn't have been possible without you guys... Well Done Everyone !!! :cheers

A HUGE :TY to all the members that have supported and participated within the forum.

Hopefully stability issues are now something of the past, we've learned a lesson or two over the last 12months :shame
Thankfully not too much harm was done during the attacks we had, other than a dent in our pride due to loss of some very entertaining threads. The joys of running a forum i guess, There's always someone wanting to come and give you a :cyberattack just for the hell of it :evil:

So what's ahead in 2017 ?
More members, more outings and more video's to compliment the postings with a bit of luck. :?
Video is something we always struggle with, Although we take the cams out, it usually ends up being several hours of swerving heads and bumpy footage, something we really need to work on... :thud
Do any of you have drones that could grab some footage ? That would help our coverage dramatically... :D

We have a larger spread of UK members locations now, so the North/South/East/West runs should open up to unventured waters by the majority of us..
The forum needs to spread its wings further and cover more countries... 9-R, Gwoz and Antonio to name a few have settled in great here and their Membership/Activity is greatly appreciated, We really must find a way of spreading the word...
All suggestions appreciated :help :cheers

Enough rambling... Well done guys, A HUGE thankyou on behalf of the team....

Admin :Hats
Please Like, Subscribe, Share, and Join Our Social Media Sites.
Twitter, Facebook, YouTube & Google+

mattswan2512
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Boat Make: F-Rib 330
Outboard: Mercury 15hp ss 2 smoker.

Post by mattswan2512 » 31 Dec 2016, 20:33

Can i put my name down for that run please donny..... its not a harley but to cruise the americas on 2 wheels would be a dream!!!!
Life is like a chocolate bar........
If you hold onto it for too long u get covered in sh☆t so......
live a life you will remember, not a life full of untested dreams.

Andy B
Supporting Member
Boat Make: Zodiac 380
Outboard: Mariner 9.9hp/Mariner 3.3hp

Post by Andy B » 31 Dec 2016, 23:38

mattswan2512 wrote: its not a harley but to cruise the americas on 2 wheels would be a dream!!!!
I hired a Harley and rode to Dayton Beach. It was fun for a while but the heat and humidity was a nightmare :?
Imagine turning on the shower and leaving it running in a closed room for half an hour.
Then get dressed in you biking gear, stand in the room with a hair dryer blowing in your face ;-)

I was glad to get back in a car with air con :rofl

Still, don't get me wrong I would do it again tomorrow :D
SOLENT
Waveline 2.3m/3.3hp Mariner
Zodiac 380/ Depends on the Day!

Martin
Supporting Member
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789

Post by Martin » 13 May 2017, 22:36

I've been reading a few pm's, emails and then forum posts over the last hour or so...
Can i just say guys, thankyou so much for the kind words you offer out, It really is encouraging :IANW
We do this for fun, Yes it gets a bit overwhelming at times.. Lets face it, we're far from I.T experts :lol: but some of the feedback is amazing.

We couldn't do what we do without you guys and girls doing what you do, Keeping the forum active is what keeps alive... And by god ya don't half keep it active :chat :pump

Anyways, enough ramblings, Just a huge ThankYou for being You !!!
:respect :Hats :TY
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

Paul
Supporting Member
Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
MMSI Number: 235915479

Post by Paul » 13 May 2017, 22:53

Martin wrote: Can i just say guys, thankyou so much for the kind words you offer out, It really is encouraging :IANW
We do this for fun, Yes it gets a bit overwhelming at times.. Lets face it, we're far from I.T experts :lol: but some of the feedback is amazing.

We couldn't do what we do without you guys and girls doing what you do, Keeping the forum active is what keeps alive
X 2 I'd second that :thumbsup
After todays Saturday 13th May Chichester Harbour event where I met 3 new members and their good lady's :D the feed back given by them about this community was much appreciated :IANW :TY
As Martin says, this is all very new to us, so it's encouraging that we're doing something which you all enjoy and benifit from :yay
:cheers

Andy B
Supporting Member
Boat Make: Zodiac 380
Outboard: Mariner 9.9hp/Mariner 3.3hp

Post by Andy B » 14 May 2017, 21:55

The site is the top result on Google for "sib forum" "f-rib forum" and second only to RIB.NET for "inflatable boat forum" :thumbsup
These users thanked the author Andy B for the post:
Paul (14 May 2017, 22:04)
SOLENT
Waveline 2.3m/3.3hp Mariner
Zodiac 380/ Depends on the Day!

Paul
Supporting Member
Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
MMSI Number: 235915479

Post by Paul » 14 May 2017, 22:16

Andy B wrote:The site is the top result on Google for "sib forum" "f-rib forum" and second only to RIB.NET for "inflatable boat forum" :thumbsup
That's great information Andy :thumbsup :yay
Martin does a lot behind the scenes to promote this forum :respect glad his hard work is paying off :clappy
NOT FORGETTING :!: if it wasn't for all the 'active' posting members on the forum creating the 'traffic' required :idea: his hard work would be in vain, so a big :TY :Hats
:cheers everyone :thumbsup

Return to “General Chat”