Littlehampton Public Slip

Please share your experiences of Launch sites, Parking & General site facilities
The Hobbit
Supporting Member
Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
Outboard: 1985 Yamaha 2 stroke 15 D
MMSI Number: 235904468

Littlehampton Public Slip

Post by The Hobbit » 09 Jul 2018, 21:46

Last edited by Martin on 11 Jul 2018, 07:01, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Embed video
I'm not really a Hobbit, just look like one. Real name is "Andy".

Mitch
Supporting Member
Boat Make: Honwave T38-ie2
Outboard: Mercury 20HP Fourstroke
MMSI Number: 10

Re: Littlehampton Public Slip

Post by Mitch » 10 Jul 2018, 09:08

That's great Andy, a nice bit of info in pics, looks good but a bit far for me, maybe try it one day.

acidcloud
Boat Make: Honda Honwave T38 IE
Outboard: Suzuki DF20AS 20hp

Post by acidcloud » 12 Jul 2018, 13:40

Andy,

What was the state of tide when you went out, and came back in?
Any restrictions on ramp or getting in and out of the LA channel at any state of tide?

What did you guys catch?

Phil

acidcloud
Boat Make: Honda Honwave T38 IE
Outboard: Suzuki DF20AS 20hp

Post by acidcloud » 12 Jul 2018, 13:50

Answering my own questions.

Littlehampton LA public slipway is sited on the eastern side of the harbour off Surrey Street and is adjacent to the RNLI station. There is no charge for the use of the slipway but mariners must ensure that harbour dues are paid before they go afloat. Daily harbour dues can be paid at the ‘Look and Sea’ or at the Harbour Office. There is a public car park with trailer parking bay.

Slipway users are reminded that the slipway is also used by the RNLI and access is required at all times. You are therefore requested to ensure that there is access for the lifeboat to be launched.

The slipway is constructed of concrete and by the water is constructed of caged rock. Ideal times for launching are between 2 hours before and after high water. Caution should be taken when launching as the lower part of the slipway is covered in soft silt.

The Hobbit
Supporting Member
Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
Outboard: 1985 Yamaha 2 stroke 15 D
MMSI Number: 235904468

Post by The Hobbit » 13 Jul 2018, 05:00

acidcloud wrote:
12 Jul 2018, 13:50
Answering my own questions.

Littlehampton LA public slipway is sited on the eastern side of the harbour off Surrey Street and is adjacent to the RNLI station. There is no charge for the use of the slipway but mariners must ensure that harbour dues are paid before they go afloat. Daily harbour dues can be paid at the ‘Look and Sea’ or at the Harbour Office. There is a public car park with trailer parking bay.

Slipway users are reminded that the slipway is also used by the RNLI and access is required at all times. You are therefore requested to ensure that there is access for the lifeboat to be launched.

The slipway is constructed of concrete and by the water is constructed of caged rock. Ideal times for launching are between 2 hours before and after high water. Caution should be taken when launching as the lower part of the slipway is covered in soft silt.
What it doesn't say on the harbour website above is that there is only 3 trailer bays. I parked my car in its own bay and squeezed my trailer into a bay that was already being occupied by a trailer, I've shown them in the film link. :cheers
I'm not really a Hobbit, just look like one. Real name is "Andy".

Return to “Launch / Slipways & Information”