Sib,Frib & Rib modifications.
Share your mods with the forum
Cliff
Advanced Member
Boat Make: Highfield CL310 Rib
Outboard: tohatsu 20hp efi

Adjustable Bow Snub/ Spare wheel carrier

Post by Cliff » 27 Mar 2018, 18:23

1st the good news :D Got a call from the dealer yesterday. he planned to pick up my new rib today from the main dealer darn sarf :yay
So best get the trailer sorted to collect it from him. Without the boat, I don't know the correct position of the bow snub, so I decided to make an adjustable one and combine it with the spare wheel carrier. It is fully adjustable and will slide up and down the draw bar and adjust to different angles to match the rubber to the bow. The spare wheel can be removed without altering the snub position and vice versa. Everything is locked with spring washers and double nutted where needed. Made from odds and sods apart from the new rubber, just needs painting.
And then the bad news :cry: Got a call from the dealer at 5 pm today. He had to abandon bringing my Rib back in the 5metre boat he was also picking up due to him not being confident that he could do it safely, and the weather was bad. Ah well the best laid plans :whistle It's now hopefully going to be after the Easter hols. :thud
Attachments
Adjustable Bow snub 003.JPG
Adjustable Bow snub 002.JPG
Adjustable Bow snub 001.JPG
96% of people are basically good, it's the 4% that f*ck up the world

Return to “DIY & Modifications”