Lancashire Lad

New to the forum?? Please pop in and say “Hi”
Introduce yourself and tell us about your boating interests/experiences or any other hobbies you may have.
User avatar
Cliff
Advanced Member
Posts: 289
Joined: 31 Dec 2017, 11:47
Boat Make: Highfield CL310 Rib
Outboard: tohatsu 20hp efi
Location: Sunny Wigan
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 57 times
Contact:

Lancashire Lad

Post by Cliff » 31 Dec 2017, 12:00

Hi All, :I'm New
I'm buying a Europa sport 3m SIB with aluminium floor with 9.8 tohatsu, picking it up early Feb '18, and looking for any advice about offshore boating and fishing in the Northwest area, it would be great if anyone is going out and wouldn't mind a novice coming along either before or after I'm in the water. I'm self employed, semi retired, so I could be available most of the time, of course if I were a passenger prior to getting my own boat in, I'd share the expenses.
Regards and a happy boating new year to all. :wavey
These users thanked the author Cliff for the post:
Paul (01 Jan 2018, 02:16)
96% of people are basically good, it's the 4% that f*ck up the world

User avatar
pugwash2
Active Member
Posts: 122
Joined: 20 Nov 2016, 22:58
Boat Make: honwave t40 ae
Outboard: 1996 mariner 15hp
1980 yamaha 5hp
1960s segal 40+
MMSI Number: 10
Location: sunny manchester
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Lancashire Lad

Post by pugwash2 » 31 Dec 2017, 15:28

hi cliff and welcome :welcome to our forum there are a few members around the north west myself and captain cod included
we tend to go to north wales lake district ect we have lots of fun,
if there is anything you would like to know ask away,
regards wayne.
These users thanked the author pugwash2 for the post:
Cliff (31 Dec 2017, 16:23)

User avatar
Cliff
Advanced Member
Posts: 289
Joined: 31 Dec 2017, 11:47
Boat Make: Highfield CL310 Rib
Outboard: tohatsu 20hp efi
Location: Sunny Wigan
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 57 times
Contact:

Re: Lancashire Lad

Post by Cliff » 31 Dec 2017, 16:35

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the welcome. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions, when I'm ready to launch. I plan to carry the sib inflated on the top of my Discovery, (I have a big roofrack) with the engine in the back of the truck. I don't fancy the inflating/deflating bit at the launching site, but want something that is manageable solo, so with launching wheels, I should be okay. It would be good to meet up with you and any others, maybe next time you have a trip planned? One question now though, what's the best thing to wear for all weather offshore. I'm not planning to go out in bad weather :)
All the best
Cliff
96% of people are basically good, it's the 4% that f*ck up the world

User avatar
Paul B
Supporting Member
Posts: 2013
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
Boat Make: Honwave T38ie2
Outboard: Suzuki df9.9 (15hpconversion)
Location: Oban
Has thanked: 169 times
Been thanked: 267 times

Re: Lancashire Lad

Post by Paul B » 31 Dec 2017, 18:05

Hi Cliff and welcome to the forum. :welcome
These users thanked the author Paul B for the post:
Cliff (31 Dec 2017, 18:44)
Chief Cook and Bottle washer
TRALEE BAY FISH N CHIPS


Honwave T38ie2 Suzuki DF 9.9 (15hp) conversion
Scooter perception kayak
Gosea fishing kayak

PaulR
Supporting Member
Posts: 133
Joined: 05 Nov 2017, 14:30
Boat Make: FRib 360
Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Scunthorpe
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Lancashire Lad

Post by PaulR » 31 Dec 2017, 18:10

Hi Cliff
Welcome to the forum, you will find lots of help from everyone on here. I will be getting my first sib at a similar time to you. I have chosen a Honwave T38 with a 20 hp outboard, maybe a little meeting at Ullswater might be in order so we can both learn at the same time. Did you purchase the Europa from MES?. I did consider a 330 rib package from them.
Regards
Paul
These users thanked the author PaulR for the post:
Cliff (31 Dec 2017, 19:13)

User avatar
Cliff
Advanced Member
Posts: 289
Joined: 31 Dec 2017, 11:47
Boat Make: Highfield CL310 Rib
Outboard: tohatsu 20hp efi
Location: Sunny Wigan
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 57 times
Contact:

Re: Lancashire Lad

Post by Cliff » 31 Dec 2017, 18:50

Hi Paul,
Yes, bought from MES. Ullswater sounds good, let me know when you plan to go.
Regards
Cliff
96% of people are basically good, it's the 4% that f*ck up the world

User avatar
pugwash2
Active Member
Posts: 122
Joined: 20 Nov 2016, 22:58
Boat Make: honwave t40 ae
Outboard: 1996 mariner 15hp
1980 yamaha 5hp
1960s segal 40+
MMSI Number: 10
Location: sunny manchester
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Lancashire Lad

Post by pugwash2 » 31 Dec 2017, 19:43

Cliff wrote:Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the welcome. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions, when I'm ready to launch. I plan to carry the sib inflated on the top of my Discovery, (I have a big roofrack) with the engine in the back of the truck. I don't fancy the inflating/deflating bit at the launching site, but want something that is manageable solo, so with launching wheels, I should be okay. It would be good to meet up with you and any others, maybe next time you have a trip planned? One question now though, what's the best thing to wear for all weather offshore. I'm not planning to go out in bad weather :)
All the best
Cliff
the weather can change some what while you are out there so I opted for a two piece suit I take everywhere in a small bag I don't tend to wear my waders in the summer or on salt water its usually quite warm you just have to watch the cold wind,
i spend a lot of time up at treaddur bay anglesey its an amazing place as is ullswater,
These users thanked the author pugwash2 for the post:
Cliff (01 Jan 2018, 14:03)

User avatar
pugwash2
Active Member
Posts: 122
Joined: 20 Nov 2016, 22:58
Boat Make: honwave t40 ae
Outboard: 1996 mariner 15hp
1980 yamaha 5hp
1960s segal 40+
MMSI Number: 10
Location: sunny manchester
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Lancashire Lad

Post by pugwash2 » 31 Dec 2017, 19:45

PaulR wrote:Hi Cliff
Welcome to the forum, you will find lots of help from everyone on here. I will be getting my first sib at a similar time to you. I have chosen a Honwave T38 with a 20 hp outboard, maybe a little meeting at Ullswater might be in order so we can both learn at the same time. Did you purchase the Europa from MES?. I did consider a 330 rib package from them.
Regards
Paul
iam sure if myself and captain cod are free we would love to join you,
These users thanked the author pugwash2 for the post:
Cliff (31 Dec 2017, 20:03)

PaulR
Supporting Member
Posts: 133
Joined: 05 Nov 2017, 14:30
Boat Make: FRib 360
Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Scunthorpe
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Lancashire Lad

Post by PaulR » 31 Dec 2017, 19:56

pugwash2 wrote:
PaulR wrote:Hi Cliff
Welcome to the forum, you will find lots of help from everyone on here. I will be getting my first sib at a similar time to you. I have chosen a Honwave T38 with a 20 hp outboard, maybe a little meeting at Ullswater might be in order so we can both learn at the same time. Did you purchase the Europa from MES?. I did consider a 330 rib package from them.
Regards
Paul
iam sure if myself and captain cod are free we would love to join you,
That would be great, we could both learn from you more experienced chaps while we are running the outboards in.
These users thanked the author PaulR for the post:
Cliff (01 Jan 2018, 14:04)

User avatar
Cliff
Advanced Member
Posts: 289
Joined: 31 Dec 2017, 11:47
Boat Make: Highfield CL310 Rib
Outboard: tohatsu 20hp efi
Location: Sunny Wigan
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 57 times
Contact:

Re: Lancashire Lad

Post by Cliff » 31 Dec 2017, 20:01

Sounds Good, looking forward to seeing you guys soon . Thanks for the welcome and replies. Regards Cliff
96% of people are basically good, it's the 4% that f*ck up the world

Post Reply

Return to “Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER”