Scotty Bait Board & Accessory Tray - New

Tell us about your fishing experiences here...
Sib or F Rib fishing, we want to hear all about it
Pete England
Veteran Member
Boat Make: Excel Volante 330
Outboard: Yamaha 6 HP 4 Stroke

Re: Scotty Bait Board & Accessory Tray - New

Post by Pete » 07 Jul 2018, 12:43

After ordering another mounting system yesterday from Escape Watersports, it turned up this morning so back in the shed for another play...

Bait tray on the Ball Mount, easily adjustable to any angle but not as rigid...Fishfinder on the Geared Extension is great if you want it right in your face whilst sat at the tiller...

Scotty Bait Tray Ball Mount.jpg

Reversed but with Slip Discs added to the Geared Extension, now I can have a nice level bait tray....

Scotty Bait Tray Geared.jpg

Scotty Slip Disks.jpg

And the last option, compact and more stable is to drop the bait tray straight on the deck mount, fishfinder on the Ball Mount.
Only problem now is the low camera angle. I could buy a mini extension for the bait tray, there's no moving parts and would only extend the height by 4.25 inches, so it's probably not worth it! Another option would be, buy a third deck mount if there's enough space, put the camera on the geared extension coming up from the back...Oh the joys of playing with stuff :D

Scotty Bait Tray Compact.jpg

The Hobbit England
Supporting Member
Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
Outboard: 1985 Yamaha 2 stroke 15 D
MMSI Number: 235904468

Post by The Hobbit » 08 Jul 2018, 06:31

Always have my bait table straight off the deck mount too
I'm not really a Hobbit, just look like one. Real name is "Andy".

All my movies in one place:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvarVX ... subscriber

Pete England
Veteran Member

Post by Pete » 08 Jul 2018, 12:56

The Hobbit wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 06:31
Always have my bait table straight off the deck mount too
Definitely more stable/rigid Andy...I've had another play this morning, I was going to go out fishing but it's darn hot for me. Anyway, I clamped the seat to my bench, climbed up to sit on it, and quite like this layout at the moment. Everything is to hand and organised, bait board, knife, cup, and I can keep an eye on the fishfinder :D The Slip Discs have made a huge improvement having the bait board level and I'm confident the Geared Extension will be more than stable drifting or at anchor, not sure what'll it'll be like on the move! I'll see how I get on when out on the water, but hopefully all should be well....

Scotty Bait Tray Garmin.jpg

mm289
MMSI Number: 10

Post by mm289 » 21 Jul 2018, 08:52

Hi Pete, have you had a chance to try this yet on the water? I was looking at the Railblaza stuff last night and would be interesting to see how you get on with the scotty.

cheers,

Paul.

Mitch England
Veteran Member
Boat Make: Honwave T38-ie2
Outboard: Mercury 20HP Fourstroke

Post by Mitch » 21 Jul 2018, 09:31

Nice job Pete, if it helps you to keep boating & doing the things you want then it's got to be worth it.
I've bought a few mods lately but still have to fit them on the boat which i'll do next week hopefully, I was looking at a theatre surround sound system for home & the wife saw what I was doing & she said "you got to be kidding me now, you ain't got any room for 1 of those on your boat" but it did give me some ideas for when the fish aren't biting. :rofl

Pete England
Veteran Member

Post by Pete » 21 Jul 2018, 13:33

Mitch wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 09:31
Nice job Pete, if it helps you to keep boating & doing the things you want then it's got to be worth it.
I've bought a few mods lately but still have to fit them on the boat which i'll do next week hopefully, I was looking at a theatre surround sound system for home & the wife saw what I was doing & she said "you got to be kidding me now, you ain't got any room for 1 of those on your boat" but it did give me some ideas for when the fish aren't biting. :rofl
Hello Mitch :D In for a penny...I bought a seat this week, and very comfortable it is too :thumbsup Not sure I'll be adding surround sound though :D
Scotty Bait Tray Chair Launcher 2.jpg
These users thanked the author Pete for the post:
nala (21 Jul 2018, 22:06)

Mitch England
Veteran Member
Boat Make: Honwave T38-ie2
Outboard: Mercury 20HP Fourstroke

Post by Mitch » 21 Jul 2018, 14:04

That's strange pete cause I bought exactly the same seat this week & it came yesterday so will be fitting it soon. I was just wondering if I would be too high for the tiller but I've got an extension so maybe can use that.

Pete England
Veteran Member

Post by Pete » 21 Jul 2018, 14:50

Mitch wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 14:04
That's strange pete cause I bought exactly the same seat this week & it came yesterday so will be fitting it soon. I was just wondering if I would be too high for the tiller but I've got an extension so maybe can use that.
I'd say with the bracket I've made I'll be around 4.5 inches higher...I put the alloy seat on blocks around the same height as it would be when attached to the SIB, besides the seat being so comfy on the back and butt, the extra height is easier going on the knees. I think I spent around seven hours in the SIB on the last trip and nearly three hours getting home, everywhere ached for a couple of days after.
This set up will be on the front alloy seat and I'm going to remove the rear seat on the next trip to give more room, but that also includes removing the launch wheels so I can use the rod holders on the transom...

mm289

Post by mm289 » 21 Jul 2018, 17:00

Now I'm even more interested.....

My only struggle with the SIB is I get lower back issues if I dont have a backrest of some sort - wasn't sure how I was gonna sort that one out but :)

When you have fitted, could you post up some pics of the seat and how you mount it - and of course experiences on how it went.

Cheers,

Paul.

Pete England
Veteran Member

Post by Pete » 21 Jul 2018, 20:14

mm289 wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 17:00
Now I'm even more interested.....

My only struggle with the SIB is I get lower back issues if I dont have a backrest of some sort - wasn't sure how I was gonna sort that one out but :)

When you have fitted, could you post up some pics of the seat and how you mount it - and of course experiences on how it went.

Cheers,

Paul.
Hello Paul :D Hopefully I'll have some piccies of it in action next weekend and will update! The bracket was made from the last two pieces of plywood that I had, I would have preferred thicker so I could counter sink the bolt heads so instead I glued/screwed two extra pieces on. I also put stick on rubber feet so it grips the alloy seat top and bottom.

I bought the seat on ebay from Pacermarine, £43.95 including delivery, ordered Tuesday, delivered Thursday by Parcel Force. The swivel base isn't attached but there is a packet of four screws supplied. It doesn't turn very easily in the hand but once fitted it turns freely and smooth...

I had a herniated disk around nineteen years back and it doesn't take long before it starts to ache along with my knees from being knocked of my bike. I reckon I'll be able to spends hours fishing now without too many problems :D

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Folding-Moul ... 0005.m1851
Seat Bracket.jpg
These users thanked the author Pete for the post:
nala (21 Jul 2018, 22:07)

Return to “SIB Fishing - Fishing from your inflatable boat”