Scotty Bait Board & Accessory Tray - New

Tell us about your fishing experiences here...
Sib or F Rib fishing, we want to hear all about it
Pete
Veteran Member
Boat Make: Excel Volante 330
Outboard: Yamaha 6 HP 4 Stroke

Re: Scotty Bait Board & Accessory Tray - New

Post by Pete » 07 Jul 2018, 12:43

After ordering another mounting system yesterday from Escape Watersports, it turned up this morning so back in the shed for another play...

Bait tray on the Ball Mount, easily adjustable to any angle but not as rigid...Fishfinder on the Geared Extension is great if you want it right in your face whilst sat at the tiller...

Scotty Bait Tray Ball Mount.jpg

Reversed but with Slip Discs added to the Geared Extension, now I can have a nice level bait tray....

Scotty Bait Tray Geared.jpg

Scotty Slip Disks.jpg

And the last option, compact and more stable is to drop the bait tray straight on the deck mount, fishfinder on the Ball Mount.
Only problem now is the low camera angle. I could buy a mini extension for the bait tray, there's no moving parts and would only extend the height by 4.25 inches, so it's probably not worth it! Another option would be, buy a third deck mount if there's enough space, put the camera on the geared extension coming up from the back...Oh the joys of playing with stuff :D

Scotty Bait Tray Compact.jpg

The Hobbit
Supporting Member
Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
Outboard: 1985 Yamaha 2 stroke 15 D
MMSI Number: 235904468

Post by The Hobbit » 08 Jul 2018, 06:31

Always have my bait table straight off the deck mount too
I'm not really a Hobbit, just look like one. Real name is "Andy".

Pete
Veteran Member
Boat Make: Excel Volante 330
Outboard: Yamaha 6 HP 4 Stroke

Post by Pete » 08 Jul 2018, 12:56

The Hobbit wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 06:31
Always have my bait table straight off the deck mount too
Definitely more stable/rigid Andy...I've had another play this morning, I was going to go out fishing but it's darn hot for me. Anyway, I clamped the seat to my bench, climbed up to sit on it, and quite like this layout at the moment. Everything is to hand and organised, bait board, knife, cup, and I can keep an eye on the fishfinder :D The Slip Discs have made a huge improvement having the bait board level and I'm confident the Geared Extension will be more than stable drifting or at anchor, not sure what'll it'll be like on the move! I'll see how I get on when out on the water, but hopefully all should be well....

Scotty Bait Tray Garmin.jpg

Return to “SIB Fishing - Fishing from your inflatable boat”