Scotty Bait Board & Accessory Tray - New

Tell us about your fishing experiences here...
Sib or F Rib fishing, we want to hear all about it
Pete
Veteran Member
Boat Make: Excel Volante 330
Outboard: Yamaha 6 HP 4 Stroke

Scotty Bait Board & Accessory Tray - New

Post by Pete » 04 Jul 2018, 17:06

You'll have to excuse the background but hopefully you'll the get idea and I'll get some better shots when I'm next out...
I ordered the Scotty Bait board, cup holder, camera/compass mount and the geared head extension, along with the deck mounting bracket...You can add a fish finder in the middle but there's only enough room for one of the 4 inch upright models. It's all interchangeable, so the bait board could attach straight to the deck mount, with the camera mount attached to the geared extension, or that could be used with a rod holder etc...I think in it's current position the bait board would just be over one of the tubes, organised and out of the way :D
Scotty Bait Board.jpg

mm289
MMSI Number: 10

Re: Scotty Bait Board & Accessory Tray - New

Post by mm289 » 04 Jul 2018, 20:20

Be interested to hear how this goes Pete. how is it fixed to the SIB, does the board the Garmin is on sandwich the seat?

Also be interesting to see how stable it is, with the weight of the tray, GoPro etc on that long arm I suspect it might flap about a bit, or is the idea that you collapse it whilst traveling to the venue?

Cheers,

Paul.

Martin
Supporting Member
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789

Post by Martin » 04 Jul 2018, 21:44

That Scotty stuff is very similar to the railblaza gear that i use,
I have the bait table, rod holders, flag pole, bimini mounts, ipad mount, cup holder and adhesive mounts :thumbsup
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

ChrisParish
Supporting Member
Boat Make: Zodiac c310
Outboard: Mariner 5hp 2 stroke | Mariner 9.9hp Four Stroke
MMSI Number: 235916094

Post by ChrisParish » 04 Jul 2018, 23:25

I have just bought some railblaza gear - a couple of mounts and a rod holder for kitting out my new T38.
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.

The Hobbit
Supporting Member
Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
Outboard: 1985 Yamaha 2 stroke 15 D
MMSI Number: 235904468

Post by The Hobbit » 05 Jul 2018, 05:15

Almost the same set up as mine less the camera mount and I've added a tablet for navionics onto the extender arm.
2.jpg
I'm not really a Hobbit, just look like one. Real name is "Andy".

Pete
Veteran Member

Post by Pete » 05 Jul 2018, 09:28

mm289 wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 20:20
Be interested to hear how this goes Pete. how is it fixed to the SIB, does the board the Garmin is on sandwich the seat?

Also be interesting to see how stable it is, with the weight of the tray, GoPro etc on that long arm I suspect it might flap about a bit, or is the idea that you collapse it whilst traveling to the venue?

Cheers,

Paul.
Hello Paul :D

I don't think my plan has worked as such, I thought putting the bait tray on the geared extension arm would also give the camera a nice high angle, but I don't think the geared arm is right and limits the angle of the bait tray. I've taken a few piccies this morning, and whilst typing I'm thinking of ordering the Ball Mounting system, the geared arm would have been perfect with a ball joint...

I reckon there will be some wobble when on the way, but everything locks and there should be no way of loosing anything. The camera and cup mounts are bolted to the tray...Would be nice to have a 3-Axis camera mount, lovely and smooooth :D

No chance of having it at one side!
Scotty Bait Tray 1.jpg

Forward high the tray slops backward...
Scotty Bait Tray 2.jpg

This is just about the right angle for everything, but I'll need to have it set up in the SIB to see if it is comfortable/safe...
Scotty Bait Tray 3.jpg

This is probably too far forward and including the sloping tray...
Scotty Bait Tray 4.jpg

The Ball Mounting system, this will keep everything nice and level, not sure what the camera angle will be though...
Scotty Ball Mounting.jpg

The two boards clamp on the seat...This was how it looked, I've taken the Garmin off the quick release plate to make room, that's now screwed on to the top board. The battery is in a small cool bag I bought from Wilko, £4.00, I've put the strap in between the boards in the image, but in use I've just put them over the top board and the plastic knobs have kept it place...
Fishfinder Bracket CV.jpg

Pete
Veteran Member

Post by Pete » 05 Jul 2018, 09:32

Martin wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 21:44
That Scotty stuff is very similar to the railblaza gear that i use,
I have the bait table, rod holders, flag pole, bimini mounts, ipad mount, cup holder and adhesive mounts :thumbsup
It's very nice gear Martin...I do remember looking at Railblaza last year but seem to remember it was a little on the expensive side compared to the Scotty gear...So have you now got a Bimini cover on your F-rib? Could have done with one last week:D

Pete
Veteran Member

Post by Pete » 05 Jul 2018, 09:46

The Hobbit wrote:
05 Jul 2018, 05:15
Almost the same set up as mine less the camera mount and I've added a tablet for navionics onto the extender arm.
2.jpg
That's a tasty looking set up there fella :thumbsup I haven't used my spray hood fishing, wasn't sure how I would use the anchor with it up...The first two rod holders I attached to the seat last year, a couple of weeks back I decided to put a couple more on the transom so bought the Scotty Rocket Launcher's...I set the SIB up, washed it down, got all the rod holders in place and felt really chuffed :D
I get down to the Menai last week, set everything, dragged the SIB in to the water and then went to bring the wheels up! I forgot about them bloody things when I put the rod holders on the transom so couldn't use them...Just waiting for a couple of S/S drop nose bolts so next time I'm out, once the SIB is the water, the wheels are coming off and going in the boot...Will get rid of a few kilo at the back as well...
Scotty Orca Rod Holders.jpg

The Hobbit
Supporting Member
Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
Outboard: 1985 Yamaha 2 stroke 15 D
MMSI Number: 235904468

Post by The Hobbit » 05 Jul 2018, 18:55

Here's a pic of my rear end, oo-er missus. The wheels are straight up but they also tilt out in the normal position and the rocket launchers are perfect. In the pic I have the locking holders (241L) and I have the rocket launchers set at an angle so I just unlock them, turn 180 degrees and face them down if they are not needed as I have another 4 mounts on the seat. 2 locking and 2 flush. I also angle the launchers out to the side at 45 degrees when trolling to get a better distance between the two trolling lines. Hope the pic helps.
The blunt end.JPG
I'm not really a Hobbit, just look like one. Real name is "Andy".

Pete
Veteran Member

Post by Pete » 05 Jul 2018, 19:54

The Hobbit wrote:
05 Jul 2018, 18:55
Here's a pic of my rear end, oo-er missus. The wheels are straight up but they also tilt out in the normal position and the rocket launchers are perfect. In the pic I have the locking holders (241L) and I have the rocket launchers set at an angle so I just unlock them, turn 180 degrees and face them down if they are not needed as I have another 4 mounts on the seat. 2 locking and 2 flush. I also angle the launchers out to the side at 45 degrees when trolling to get a better distance between the two trolling lines. Hope the pic helps.

The blunt end.JPG

And what a lovely rear end you have Hobbit :thumbsup Sadly my wheels come right over the transom, wouldn't mind but they're only small ones. I'll work round it though, I'll take the wheels off in future once in the water, hopefully it won't be cause too much inconvenience...Do you normally carry that amount of fuel or had you been on a long trip?

Return to “SIB Fishing - Fishing from your inflatable boat”