The inevitable ‘which sib’ post...

A sib is a soft floor inflatable boat (SIB) that will roll up and fit into a bag to ease with carrying or storage.
There are many different manufacturers and floor designs to suit your needs.
rogerblack
Supporting Member
Boat Make: Honwave T32ie airfloor
Outboard: Mercury 15hp 2-st
MMSI Number: 235913495

Re: The inevitable ‘which sib’ post...

Post by rogerblack » 21 Jan 2018, 16:19

I agree with Chris.

If you get yourself an electric pump and a mini 12V battery, it'll make the job quick and easy - there are threads on here covering the Bravo and the type of battery, any problems finding those then sing out. Being able to unload from the boot of your car will widen your possible launch sites beyond what can be reached with a trailer; decent launch wheels should suffice.

My body is five years older than yours, overweight and unfit, but I assemble and launch my Honwave T32 airfloor and 15HP outboard on my own most times from my Vectra Estate or from my motorhome and apart from an incident whilst loading the boat onto the chest high rear bike rack on the motorhome (don't ask!) it's been plain sailing.

I would try things without a trailer to start with and see how it goes before going to the extra expense. If you're going to be taking others with you, then I'd say you'll want the 32 for sure; it speeds things up if you get the crew trained to help with the preparation and packing away.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

:cheers
These users thanked the author rogerblack for the post:
Redron (21 Jan 2018, 17:11)
cheers
Roger

“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong.
No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”

― Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

chris moody
Supporting Member
Boat Make: Honwave T32IE
Outboard: Tohatsu 9.8
MMSI Number: 235900806

Post by chris moody » 21 Jan 2018, 17:26

You need a pump capable of 0.85 bar for the air deck floor, and 0.25 bar for the tubes. Bravo do suitable electric pumps, and I believe decathlon also do one (check it goes up to in excess of 0.85 bar)

Screwfix do a 7ah battery that just fits in the Bravo carry bag.
Chris Moody

Tiny Tigga - Honwave T32IE with launch wheels Honda 2hp 4 stroke air cooled & Tohatsu 9.8 2 stroke
Tigga 2 - Ribcraft 4.8 Honda BF50
http://twitter.com/aslmarine

PhilD
I'm New
MMSI Number: 10
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by PhilD » 21 Jan 2018, 20:51

Decathlon itiwit goes upto 15psI. It's to pump up air SUPs.
It doesn't deliver a massive volume of air but will have a 3.2m up in 15/20 mins. I power it from a 7ah gel cell.

Paul
Supporting Member
Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
MMSI Number: 235915479

Post by Paul » 21 Jan 2018, 22:09

Redron
All very good advice given above mate :thumbsup
Here's a time-lapse video Martin did of him inflating and assembling his larger Honwave 3.8ie
You'll notice even with a larger craft it only took 11 minutes with a Bravo BTP 12 manometer pump ;-) so trailering isn't really required if you want total mobility/launching freedom :idea:
With a 12v 7Amp battery like this https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p79562?table=no within the Bravo's bag makes it very portable and it'll give you at least 2 inflations prior to charging it up :thumbsup

I walked through the door marked 'EXIT' and life is now good!

Redron
Newish Member, But I Like It Here
MMSI Number: 10
Been thanked: 0

Post by Redron » 23 Jan 2018, 16:07

Thanks folks,
I’m gradually building a picture of my wants/needs.
Likely to be the Honwave t32 with some aftermarket heavy duty launch wheels and pushed along by the little Honda 2.3 in the interim, though i’m pretty sure it won’t be long before i’m Chasing up a 15 having just been watching Gurnard’s videos . As suggested, I will do the inflate/deflate for a while and see how it goes.

Flippin heck, this started out with me looking for a wee cheap fishing boat , but now it seems I could go much further than that. I especially like the idea of loading up and beggering off wild camping for a few nights . I truly live in the best possible place for that ....

Paul
Supporting Member
Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
MMSI Number: 235915479

Post by Paul » 23 Jan 2018, 22:07

Redron wrote:Thanks folks,
I’m gradually building a picture of my wants/needs.
Likely to be the Honwave t32 with some aftermarket heavy duty launch wheels and pushed along by the little Honda 2.3 in the interim, though i’m pretty sure it won’t be long before i’m Chasing up a 15 having just been watching Gurnard’s videos . As suggested, I will do the inflate/deflate for a while and see how it goes.

Flippin heck, this started out with me looking for a wee cheap fishing boat , but now it seems I could go much further than that. I especially like the idea of loading up and beggering off wild camping for a few nights . I truly live in the best possible place for that ....
Oops :shame sorry Redron :( didn't anyone mention it's a drug mate :lol:
All the very best with your research and choices
I walked through the door marked 'EXIT' and life is now good!

Return to “SIB - Soft Inflatable Boat”