Site Disruption Update

New to The `forum ?
Please familiarize yourself with our Forum/Website Rules and Netiquette.
Forum rules
Members are invited to sell their personal boating items free of charge, Personal items are items that you've bought and No longer require.
Members who are buying items to sell at a profit are requested to join the "Supporting Members" group. (Please contact Admin)
Trade organisations/businesses, Please contact Admin before posting.
Admin Great Britain
Site Admin

Site Disruption Update

Post by Admin » 11 Sep 2016, 16:26

Hi Guys.
Firstly, sorry for the delay our response to the site issues, and many thanks for your patience.

Despite our best efforts, we were unable to extract the latest posts from the back-up without bringing corrupted files through. We realise your valuable posts will be lost but the use of corrupted files would leave the site susceptible to further damage. We are sure this is something you would all agree is not the way forward.

Regrettably we are forced into a decision of running from the last safe and stable back-up files that the forum is now set to.

Rolling back the software to the safe point has unfortunately not only lost threads and posts, but we have lost new members that have joined during the disruption.
If any of the new members are reading this, please rejoin as we are unable to access your details to reactivate your account.

In summary, we have implemented more security and backup measures, the site is now open and secure.
:star NORMAL SERVICE IS RESUMED :star

Once again, our apologies.
Thank you for your continued support :TY

Admin team :Hats
These users thanked the author Admin for the post:
warder54 (12 Sep 2016, 19:49)
Please Like, Subscribe, Share, and Join Our Social Media Sites.
Twitter, Facebook, YouTube & Google+

gwozhog Republic of Texas
Advanced Member
Boat Make: Achilles spd310 and sg124
Outboard: Yamaha 8hp
Yamaha 15hp
Nissan 15hp

Re: Site Disruption Update

Post by gwozhog » 11 Sep 2016, 22:26

Welcome back. I do not know much about what it takes to make a forum secure I just know I get upset when it goes down. Hopefully who ever hacked our site will catch a bad case of Herpes. :Boxsmile
These users thanked the author gwozhog for the post (total 3):
Paul (11 Sep 2016, 22:40) • Martin (11 Sep 2016, 22:43) • 9-R (13 Sep 2016, 17:52)
I dated a girl once in school and her Father told me I would never amount to anything. He was right!

Admin Great Britain
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 14 Sep 2016, 20:02

gwozhog wrote:Welcome back. I do not know much about what it takes to make a forum secure I just know I get upset when it goes down. Hopefully who ever hacked our site will catch a bad case of Herpes. :Boxsmile
Amen to that mate :lol:
Despite us trying our utmost to gain stability and re-install the valuable latest threads and posts the computers and hosting site wouldn't play ball :cyberattack
Very, very frustrating and the more we tried the more hazardous it became :doh so the last thing in the world we wanted to do had to be done and 'wind the forum back in time' :cry:
Thankfully we've a strong enthusiastic membership within this great forum and together we'll all rise above it and move on 'onwards and upwards' :Hats :TY

Admin Great Britain
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 21 Sep 2016, 21:32

MMSI update now available again on your profile.
Can you please Edit / Remove the mmsi from your signature to save page space for more topic replies.

Thanks for your patience.

Admin Great Britain
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 15 Nov 2016, 18:38

A few security, seo & site enhancement updates are being installed this evening guys.
It should cause no problems, you can still post as normal and the forum viewing base won't be affected. :?
I would strongly advise right click and copying any posts before submitting, in the unlikely event I hit refresh or install as you press submit, it may cause post loss.

I'll be as swift as possible, so as to cause little or no disruption.' :whistle
thanks in advance.

FYi - estimated time of install between 8pm & 10pm 15/11/16

:TY
Admin :Hats

Return to “General Forum Rules”