SIB launch sites in North Wales

Please share your experiences of Launch sites, Parking & General site facilities
kieransykes
I'm New
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

SIB launch sites in North Wales

Post by kieransykes » 31 Aug 2018, 15:33

Hi, just joined the forum. I have a 4m sib and am looking for places to launch in North Wales that are ideally free. Does anyone have any suggestions please. Also, I have insurance but do I need registration? I know I do in Gwynedd but what about somewhere like Rhyl. Thank you

The Hobbit
Supporting Member
Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
Outboard: 1985 Yamaha 2 stroke 15 D
MMSI Number: 235904468

Re: SIB launch sites in North Wales

Post by The Hobbit » 31 Aug 2018, 18:30

Hi Kieran and :welcome to the forum. There are a few members in here from North Wales so I'm sure your questions will be answered very soon. I don't personally have any knowledge of N Wales but is an area that I wish to explore. Enjoy the forum and ask away if you have any more questions, answers are normally posted pretty quick. :chat :clappy :thumbsup
I'm not really a Hobbit, just look like one. Real name is "Andy".

Paul
Supporting Member
Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
MMSI Number: 235915479

Post by Paul » 31 Aug 2018, 21:27

Hi there Kieran and :welcome to the forum
I'm also unfortunately unfamiliar with that boating area but keen to visit it, so I'll be following this thread with interest :idea:
Enjoy the forum, ask away if you need anything else and share your boating experiences :chat
Good to have you aboard
:cheers

Martin
Supporting Member
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789

Post by Martin » 01 Sep 2018, 00:13

Hi Kieran, Welcome to f-ribs and sibs forum.
I had a quick look (via google) for launch/registration around Rhyl, It does look like you need to register through Denbighshire council..
here's the link to the page i found.
https://www.denbighshire.gov.uk/en/visi ... rbour.aspx

Enjoy the forum,

Martin :cheers
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

Cliff
Veteran Member
Boat Make: Highfield CL310 Rib
Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp efi
Demon 5.2hp 2 smoke

Post by Cliff » 01 Sep 2018, 13:53

Hi Kieran :welcome , you'll be lucky to find any free sites in North Wales :thud . if you do, let me know. Registration for Rhyl which also covers Conway is £20 per year, that doesn't include launching. Rhyl charge £120 per year for self launch and parking at the slip. I think it is £20 per day. You can pay for registration and slip fees at the Harbourmaster in Rhyl on your first visit. Give him a ring the day before to let him know you are coming. He'll need to see insurance. :thumbsup

Pete
Veteran Member
Boat Make: Excel Volante 330
Outboard: Yamaha 6 HP 4 Stroke

Post by Pete » 04 Sep 2018, 16:14

kieransykes wrote:
31 Aug 2018, 15:33
Hi, just joined the forum. I have a 4m sib and am looking for places to launch in North Wales that are ideally free. Does anyone have any suggestions please. Also, I have insurance but do I need registration? I know I do in Gwynedd but what about somewhere like Rhyl. Thank you
Hello Kieran :D

As far as I know Llandudno is free to launch once registered, there's Pay & Display right near the slip with free parking further down, about 100 yards. Depending on the weight of your set up it might take two to drag it up the slip though, it's short but steep...You can launch at any state of the tide there and be fishing around the Orme within a few minutes, but it gets choppy if the wind is blowing from the South, in that case, head towards the Green Buoy which you would have passed on the way out...

I haven't fished it yet, but I think there's a free slip at Old Conwy, and If you don't mind the extra miles, Anglesey has a few free launch sites..."Nala" would know more for that area... :D

Return to “Launch / Slipways & Information”