Quicksilver 4m Sib

fastasfox
Newish Member, But I Like It Here
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Quicksilver 4m Sib

Post by fastasfox » 11 Jul 2018, 18:02

Hello, it`s been a while since I posted here as I had my Zodiac 3m stolen a while back.
I,m looking at a 4m Quicksilver sib (inflatable keel) and it is powered by a Mariner 20hp four stroke outboard.Both Engine and boat are 2010.
Is there anything I need to look out for on the Quicksilver and does this sound like a good combination?
Any advice would be welcome. Cheers.

Martin
Supporting Member
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789

Re: Quicksilver 4m Sib

Post by Martin » 11 Jul 2018, 23:38

The quicksilvers seem to be a pretty hardy built boat, however at a 4m length they are also very heavy.
I’m pressuring you’re referring to the aluminium sectional floor type?
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

fastasfox
Newish Member, But I Like It Here
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Quicksilver 4m Sib

Post by fastasfox » 12 Jul 2018, 19:27

Yes it has a Aluminium floor. I have made the purchase now so I hope it works out. I tow a caravan so owning a Rib is out of the question (cant tow both) I just need a boat to get from cove to cove whilst in Cornwall and whilst a 20hp motor may be a little underpowered I`m not too fussed about going fast. The boat and motor are 2010 and the motor was serviced in the spring. It comes with a trailer so launching should be ok. I will have to take the trailer apart to get the whole package back home though. Nice thing is I collect the boat on Sat whilst on Holiday in Cornwall. Lets hope the nice weather continues.
Cheers Paul.

Ps any idea how to upload a photo?

Return to “Quicksilver Inflatable Boats”